Keyword

How to export K2 contents back to Joomla contents

• Mizael FAUCON
  • Mizael FAUCON's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77845 by Mizael FAUCON
Hi, I've tried now K2 for a while and I am very satisfied of the result.But something is borrowing me: there does not seem to have an EXPORT system to ge the K2 contnet back to Joomla content (there is of course one to import Joomla content to K2 content).I think it would be a good thing to let people try K2 and, if they don't like or if they need, to get back later to Joomla without K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77846 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic How to export K2 contents back to Joomla contents
Hi,
I have to ask, why would you want to go back to using just Joomla! articles and not have all the additions of k2?

k2joom.com

• Mizael FAUCON
More
14 years 8 months ago #77847 by Mizael FAUCON
Replied by Mizael FAUCON on topic How to export K2 contents back to Joomla contents
Hi Simon,
Well, as I told, I enjoy K2. But for many reasons, someone may like to get back to Joomla contents only. For example, if he comes to use a new and essential component which is not comptible with K2.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77848 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic How to export K2 contents back to Joomla contents
To be honest, the time invested in exporting K2 to Joomla would then better spent patching the component that does not support K2.

Both Joomlaworks and myself and community members are actively getting support and many major component providers and supporters are assisting.

K2 is more like a core part of K2 that has been released ahead of 1.5.16, it should be integral to Joomla.

• Mizael FAUCON
More
14 years 8 months ago #77849 by Mizael FAUCON
Replied by Mizael FAUCON on topic How to export K2 contents back to Joomla contents
Thanks for your response.
So does it mean that in the future, K2 and (native) Joomla contents will fusion (for example in the incoming Joomla 1.6 version)?

More
14 years 8 months ago #77850 by troponin
uuuh. sry, me i haven't heard about such plans.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77851 by Simon Wells
NO, I meant that my opinion is that K2 as a Component is such a big deal for the Joomla community, that it is the kind of thing you would have expected to have come out of Joomla!

There are no plans to integrate K2, it will stay as a separate component.

Sorry for the confusion in my explanation.

Mizael FAUCON said:Thanks for your response. So does it mean that in the future, K2 and (native) Joomla contents will fusion (for example in the incoming Joomla 1.6 version)?

More
14 years 8 months ago #77852 by David
I love the K2 Component alot. But my one big problem is there are still too many other components and/or modules that do not allow display of K2 articles. e.g New Item Scrollers mostly only work with Joomla Articles/Cat/Sections. Rocket Theme is better in that they integrate K2. Do you know of any nice elegant modules that work with K2? Maybe an up-to-date list of integrations on K2 site could be handy.

K2Joom said:To be honest, the time invested in exporting K2 to Joomla would then better spent patching the component that does not support K2.
Both Joomlaworks and myself and community members are actively getting support and many major component providers and supporters are assisting.

K2 is more like a core part of K2 that has been released ahead of 1.5.16, it should be integral to Joomla.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77853 by David
I take last comment back. I've seen a list on this forum.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77854 by Simon Wells
Can you post the link so others know where it is please.

David said:I take last comment back. I've seen a list on this forum.