Keyword

HELP! I Can't use tabs (apart from 'content') in 'add item' view

• Alistair Kent
  • Alistair Kent's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #77986 by Alistair Kent
Joomla 1.5.14K2 2.2www.echampions.co.ukI've installed K2 on three sites all using different hosting providers. One of them works okay, but the other two don't.Everything installs okay, but I get a problem when trying to use the tabs in the 'add new item' screen.The 'content' tab works fine, but when I click on the 'image' tab (see attached) and all the other tabs, I just get a white space with no details.The relevant plugins are installed, but I'm sure that's not the problem anyway (because a message would come up saying to install them).I've got no idea why this is happening. Could it be something conflicting with anther extension? The only thing I can think about the two sites that aren't working is that they both use JomSocial. Are ter eany known conflicts with this or any other extension?Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77987 by Mark Banks
I'm getting similar problems on a local server installation using WAMP. This has been replicated several times and has something to do with SIG Pro 204 uploading galleries.

See this thread:
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k22-video-and-attachment

V2.1 and V2 worked flawlessly on same set up.

Anyone else getting similar problems?

More
14 years 7 months ago #77988 by Gary A Mort
2.2 uses a newer version of the simpletabs limbrary. If you have a k2 override built for 2,0 or 2.1 it wont work. Spent half a day debugging to find this.

• Alistair Kent
More
14 years 7 months ago #77989 by Alistair Kent
As far a I know I'm not using any K2 overrides, how can I check/fix this?

Gary A Mort said:2.2 uses a newer version of the simpletabs limbrary. If you have a k2 override built for 2,0 or 2.1 it wont work. Spent half a day debugging to find this.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77990 by Gary A Mort
Alistair Kent said:As far a I know I'm not using any K2 overrides, how can I check/fix this?
That was my problem, see the articles on how overrides are done and check to see if you have any enabled:
docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_output_from_the_Joomla!_core

• Alistair Kent
More
14 years 7 months ago #77991 by Alistair Kent
The article you linked to relates to overrides to the 'front end' of Joomla. The problem I am having with is in the Admin Control Panel. How is this related to my front end overrides?

More
14 years 7 months ago #77992 by Gary A Mort
Alistair Kent said:The article you linked to relates to overrides to the 'front end' of Joomla. The problem I am having with is in the Admin Control Panel. How is this related to my front end overrides?

Some of the forms are overriden using template overrides, and some use the internal K2 system, and some can use a hybrid of the two.

Basically, it was a royal mess to track down someone else's work and find the problematic issue, so I can't say "look in X file"...it took a lot of searching and checking.

• Alistair Kent
More
14 years 7 months ago #77993 by Alistair Kent
I have temporarily removed my templates entire html folder and this didn't make any difference. I am using the standard Joomla admin template so I cannot see this being the cause. Any ideas where I can start looking?

More
14 years 7 months ago #77994 by Simon Wells
Trying a hard refresh, SHIFT + CTRL + R

• Alistair Kent
More
14 years 7 months ago #77995 by Alistair Kent
No that doesn't solve it... this is getting really annoying!

K2Joom said:Trying a hard refresh, SHIFT + CTRL + R