Keyword

Editing items in the K2 content module

More
14 years 7 months ago #78001 by kc
Is it possible edit the items that feed through this module on the front-end? like the other items that have an edit link?thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78002 by kc
k2joom, got an answer for this one to? =)

More
14 years 7 months ago #78003 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Editing items in the K2 content module
Yes

More
14 years 7 months ago #78004 by kc
how to do so? i added the link from the item.php file in the component but that still didnt create the edit link on the front end after i was logged in

More
14 years 7 months ago #78005 by Simon Wells
There is no edit available, until the link is clicked and the item is displayed.
Then it can only be edited if the user is logged in with the correct permissions.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78006 by kc
see that's the thing, my article items do not go to the article they are linking externally and have an intro paragraph so...

K2Joom said:There is no edit available, until the link is clicked and the item is displayed. Then it can only be edited if the user is logged in with the correct permissions.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78007 by kc
do you think there is an easy work around to make that item editable on the page the item is on ?

More
14 years 7 months ago #78008 by Simon Wells
I think it has been a long day.

You have written K2 Items which are in a category and you use the K2 module to point to that directory and show the items in a list, but those items are just links to other URLS?

Do you have a link to the page in question?

Kade said:see that's the thing, my article items do not go to the article they are linking externally and have an intro paragraph so...
K2Joom said:There is no edit available, until the link is clicked and the item is displayed. Then it can only be edited if the user is logged in with the correct permissions.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78009 by kc
I'm going to send it to you now

K2Joom said:I think it has been a long day.
You have written K2 Items which are in a category and you use the K2 module to point to that directory and show the items in a list, but those items are just links to other URLS?

Do you have a link to the page in question?

Kade said:see that's the thing, my article items do not go to the article they are linking externally and have an intro paragraph so... K2Joom said:There is no edit available, until the link is clicked and the item is displayed. Then it can only be edited if the user is logged in with the correct permissions.