Keyword

Template? CSS?

• Anthony
  • Anthony's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #78016 by Anthony
Template? CSS? was created by Anthony
Hello all! My question may seem silly but its nagging me! I am using dominion from rocket theme... my issue is that I want to simply have the articles show using the joomla modules css. If that doesnt sound clear basically I am using K2 only for blogging. My joomla articles show in modules (with 5 styles low, med, etc... see screenshot) and I would like my K2 articles to show this way as well.I searched the forum for answers to this but didn't find anything. Any hel would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #78017 by Pei-Ying Lin
Replied by Pei-Ying Lin on topic Template? CSS?
try this

go to K2 dashboard, click "parameters" from top-right of the K2 toolbar

disable the first option " K2 default css"

Then save!

Done.

• Anthony
More
14 years 8 months ago #78018 by Anthony
Replied by Anthony on topic Template? CSS?
Thank you hilelen!! Unfortunately this really makes a mess... look at the screen shots below :)
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #78019 by Pei-Ying Lin
This is not out of my expect. Since K2 has its own format, it's always suggest using it.
( Especially for those template which not support for K2.)

But don't worry, if you know how to modify or write css, there is an another solution.

take a look of the article below, the attachment inside implement the self-making template issue.
So you can keep the original template and have your own K2 layout at the same time.

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-templating-and-css?id=3536014%3ATopic%3A32589&page=2#comments

and this article as well.

simon.mediled.co.uk/K2/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=73:css-4-k2-themes&Itemid=39

More
14 years 8 months ago #78020 by Pei-Ying Lin
Oops, I just noticed the first link I provided is start from the 2nd page. So please read from the 1st page or click the link below.

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-templating-and-css?id=3536014%3ATopic%3A32589&page=1#comments

And this article have more detail steps inside.......

simon.mediled.co.uk/K2/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=41:24-skinning-theming-sub-templates-basic&Itemid=4

• Anthony
More
14 years 7 months ago #78021 by Anthony
Thank you again!! In the post you mentioned I found that v2.2 has some new features!

"For template designers, we've now made it possible to directly override the K2 CSS by including references to the K2 frontend CSS files in their templates. K2 will look first for the K2.css, K2_ie6.css and K2_ie7.css files in the template's /css folder and if it doesn't find these files it will then pick them up from K2's /css folder. There is no need now for your template users to manually switch off the default K2 CSS."

hilelen said:Oops, I just noticed the first link I provided is start from the 2nd page. So please read from the 1st page or click the link below.
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-templating-and-css?id=35...

And this article have more detail steps inside.......

simon.mediled.co.uk/K2/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item...

• Anthony
More
14 years 7 months ago #78022 by Anthony
Yeah... this never worked for me either!

Geoffww said:This does not work on my site. I upgraded to v2.2. My template is being used but K2 will not use my templates css files. I have /templates/mytemplate/css and edited copies of the default files in there. K2 still uses the default css files. It either can't find them or is not bothering to look for them. :(
"For template designers, we've now made it possible to directly override the K2 CSS by including references to the K2 frontend CSS files in their templates. K2 will look first for the K2.css, K2_ie6.css and K2_ie7.css files in the template's /css folder and if it doesn't find these files it will then pick them up from K2's /css folder. There is no need now for your template users to manually switch off the default K2 CSS."

More
14 years 7 months ago #78023 by Jens Ende
Replied by Jens Ende on topic Template? CSS?
If any of you figure this out please post it here as I am also using Dominio template and really like the layout in joomla article and blog layout.

Kind regards
Jens

Anthony said:Yeah... this never worked for me either!
Geoffww said:This does not work on my site. I upgraded to v2.2. My template is being used but K2 will not use my templates css files. I have /templates/mytemplate/css and edited copies of the default files in there. K2 still uses the default css files. It either can't find them or is not bothering to look for them. :( "For template designers, we've now made it possible to directly override the K2 CSS by including references to the K2 frontend CSS files in their templates. K2 will look first for the K2.css, K2_ie6.css and K2_ie7.css files in the template's /css folder and if it doesn't find these files it will then pick them up from K2's /css folder. There is no need now for your template users to manually switch off the default K2 CSS."

More
14 years 7 months ago #78024 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Template? CSS?
I have made an updated tutorial covering "micro theming" using K2.

Please check here.

Essentially, K2 has a default theme which is found in /components/com_k2/templates/default.
This can then be copied and placed within your /templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/ and used to restyle certain parts of K2.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

k2joom.com

More
14 years 7 months ago #78025 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Template? CSS?
Hi Anthony.
I have to ask, why only use K2 for the blogging side?
K2 can be used to handle all content on your site.

All K2 items for content would be much better to manage.
They can be configured to appear in the module positions you wish, either with or without a K2 module.
They can also be configured so that just particular categories are set to display comments as in a blog etc.
K2 is very flexible in how you can control what extra user elements are displayed.

Maybe you can elaborate a bit more on what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

K2Joom.com