Keyword

canecane.com

• Giuseppe Modarelli
  • Giuseppe Modarelli's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78084 by Giuseppe Modarelli
Replied by Giuseppe Modarelli on topic canecane.com
To show the videos in a lightbox I used the Rokbox plugin, a free extension made by Rockettheme. For the item tabs it's a bit more complicated, so as soon as I have time I'll write a doc to show you how I did.

Bye bye

olsen said:One question, could you explain how you implemented the item view tabs, or the lightbox openend to view videos and galleries.

Thanks anyway and well done again
rgds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78085 by fresco
Replied by fresco on topic canecane.com
well, since you are not sharing your customizations it could mean
a) you want to keep modifications for yourself, understandable since it's your work
b) you didn't think about this
c) you are going to do it in the future
for b and c: it would be a great idea! K2 and gavick's are GPL, i think they would welcome a good module to show K2 items!
you could even send the code to gavick, maybe he would integrate it in the module!
in the end do as you please

Giuseppe Modarelli said:The news slider module is News Show Pro GK1 v.1.0.2 by GK Tools, and I customized it to work with K2 items, to slide automatically every 5 seconds (I guess), to show the news in a lightbox and of course I customized its template to fit the style of the website

• Giuseppe Modarelli
More
14 years 7 months ago #78086 by Giuseppe Modarelli
Yes, the right answer is C! Anyway, the actual reason why I still can't share the module it's because it's written for older version of both K2 and News Slider. Since I'm working on the new version of the whole system, you can be 100% sure that I'll share them all! I'm an Open Source Addicted man! :D

bye bye

Guido Tedaldi said:well, since you are not sharing your customizations it could mean a) you want to keep modifications for yourself, understandable since it's your work b) you didn't think about this
c) you are going to do it in the future
for b and c: it would be a great idea! K2 and gavick's are GPL, i think they would welcome a good module to show K2 items!
you could even send the code to gavick, maybe he would integrate it in the module!

Giuseppe Modarelli said:The news slider module is News Show Pro GK1 v.1.0.2 by GK Tools, and I customized it to work with K2 items, to slide automatically every 5 seconds (I guess), to show the news in a lightbox and of course I customized its template to fit the style of the website

More
14 years 7 months ago #78087 by fresco
Replied by fresco on topic canecane.com
thanks for all and keep up the good work!

Giuseppe Modarelli said:Yes, the right answer is C! Anyway, the actual reason why I still can't share the module it's because it's written for older version of both K2 and News Slider. Since I'm working on the new version of the whole system, you can be 100% sure that I'll share them all! I'm an Open Source Addicted man! :D
bye bye

Guido Tedaldi said:well, since you are not sharing your customizations it could mean a) you want to keep modifications for yourself, understandable since it's your work b) you didn't think about this c) you are going to do it in the future

More
14 years 7 months ago #78088 by Gobezu Sewu
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic canecane.com
excellent Giuseppe

afaik there is no way of doing the tabs other than your modifications
am i right assuming that your changes was made in the item/form view?

i see that you have not been bothered about how k2 although providing template override doesn't offer the same for the various stylesheets, or have you made hacks accommodating all such needs within the same stylesheet (ex. .cat1 .title, .cat2 .title)?

looking forward to your mods

More
14 years 7 months ago #78089 by Gobezu Sewu
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic canecane.com
oh yes, i forgot to ask, what is it u used to part various fields in tabs, ex. this page, i see that you have a certain content rotator js file from rocket theme, but can't relate it to any specific extension they have

thanks!

• Giuseppe Modarelli
More
14 years 7 months ago #78090 by Giuseppe Modarelli
I don't think it's related to any of their extensions... I think it's in one of their old templates, but I don't remember which one now. Anyway I joined "The RocketTheme Developer Joomla Template Club" subscription for a year, that's way I used their code for the first release of this website, waiting for the release of Joomla! 1.6 so that I can use mootools 1.2

Gobezu Sewu said:oh yes, i forgot to ask, what is it u used to part various fields in tabs, ex. this page, i see that you have a certain content rotator js file from rocket theme, but can't relate it to any specific extension they have
thanks!

More
14 years 6 months ago #78091 by Fire Island Man
Replied by Fire Island Man on topic canecane.com
Beautiful work GM!

Please share how you customized News Show Pro to work with K2 items. I need to figure this out as soon as possible and have not received a reply yet in the Gavick News Show Pro $upport Forum...
Giuseppe Modarelli said:Yes, the right answer is C! Anyway, the actual reason why I still can't share the module it's because it's written for older version of both K2 and News Slider. Since I'm working on the new version of the whole system, you can be 100% sure that I'll share them all! I'm an Open Source Addicted man! :D bye bye Guido Tedaldi said:well, since you are not sharing your customizations it could mean a) you want to keep modifications for yourself, understandable since it's your work b) you didn't think about this c) you are going to do it in the future for b and c: it would be a great idea! K2 and gavick's are GPL, i think they would welcome a good module to show K2 items! you could even send the code to gavick, maybe he would integrate it in the module! in the end do as you please

• Giuseppe Modarelli
More
14 years 6 months ago #78092 by Giuseppe Modarelli
I'm sorry but I've been a lot busy cause of the university in this period. I think I'll be able to release the module by the end of this month. I don't want to share this module now because all the mods are 'ad hoc' and the version is outdated. Hope you understand man :)

FireIslandMan said:Beautiful work GM!
Please share how you customized News Show Pro to work with K2 items. I need to figure this out as soon as possible and have not received a reply yet in the Gavick News Show Pro $upport Forum...
Giuseppe Modarelli said:Yes, the right answer is C! Anyway, the actual reason why I still can't share the module it's because it's written for older version of both K2 and News Slider. Since I'm working on the new version of the whole system, you can be 100% sure that I'll share them all! I'm an Open Source Addicted man! :D bye bye Guido Tedaldi said:well, since you are not sharing your customizations it could mean a) you want to keep modifications for yourself, understandable since it's your work b) you didn't think about this c) you are going to do it in the future for b and c: it would be a great idea! K2 and gavick's are GPL, i think they would welcome a good module to show K2 items! you could even send the code to gavick, maybe he would integrate it in the module! in the end do as you please Giuseppe Modarelli said:The news slider module is News Show Pro GK1 v.1.0.2 by GK Tools, and I customized it to work with K2 items, to slide automatically every 5 seconds (I guess), to show the news in a lightbox and of course I customized its template to fit the style of the website

More
14 years 6 months ago #78093 by Fire Island Man
Replied by Fire Island Man on topic canecane.com
Thanks for the heads up and good luck with school. Looking forward to your mod. Btw, the PraiseSlides Module works with K2 articles, though it does not generate the article image thumbnail like News Show Pro. I asked about this and got this reply:

We've added this feature to the new version, coming out in a couple of days. You'll be able to download the update from your Downloads in our store once it's released. -Kyle

Giuseppe Modarelli said:I'm sorry but I've been a lot busy cause of the university in this period. I think I'll be able to release the module by the end of this month. I don't want to share this module now because all the mods are 'ad hoc' and the version is outdated. Hope you understand man :)