Keyword

SEF?

• GreenDome
  • GreenDome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78120 by GreenDome
SEF? was created by GreenDome
I am currently using Joomla 1.5.15 with K2 v2.2Please could someone advise what is the best SEF to use? I have done some background reading into: SEF Advance, Sh404SEF and ARTIO JoomSEF but not really sure which extension to use.Ny recommendations would be much appreciated.Many ThanksGD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78121 by Flavia Silveira
Replied by Flavia Silveira on topic SEF?
Core SEF works beautifully with K2.
All my content is in K2, no content on com_content and the core SEF works just fine. As for adding the title to the page I just got a neat little plugin that did that called Title Manager.

Flavia

Flavia
Geek. Author. Role Player.

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78122 by GreenDome
Replied by GreenDome on topic SEF?
Thanks Flavia - I'll look into core SEF and the Title Manager.

GD

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78123 by GreenDome
I have turned on SEF options in 1.5 Global Configuration and renamed the .htaccess as required... but i'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function slaBuildRoute() in /var/www/joomla/testsite/includes/router.php on line 311

I have check and the mod rewrite module is loaded.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
GD

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78124 by GreenDome
Please could some one help with SEF issue above? Cant work out what is causing the error.

Thank you in advance,

GD

More
14 years 4 months ago #78125 by that library
Replied by that library on topic SEF?
I would also like some input on the best SEF to use. I have my site split into regular Joomla! content (articles, news items), K2 (for a Library section) as well as JomSocial for our community. J! core SEF works really well for the J! content and also the JomSocial but the K2 content has silly links like: nwolibrary.com/nwolibrary/item/694-mystery-fulcanelli or, for a subcategory: nwolibrary.com/nwolibrary/itemlist/category/34-hermetics

I would love to shorten and tighten them up but don't want to install something that a) invalidates or otherwise breaks the J! SEF, and b) messes up K2.

Any suggestions?

More
14 years 4 months ago #78126 by scyllar
Replied by scyllar on topic SEF?
I feel your pain and I also want to find out the SEF thing. Is there any hope to change the words like "item", "itemlist" or "tag" etc? I know sh404sef supports k2 perfectly by giving links like ../YOUR-MENU-ITEM/CATEGORY-NAME/ITEM=NAME.html, but sometimes it also raise some other issues because we might also have other extensions installed. By the way if i remember correctly the sh404sef gives duplicates when it comes to tag listing view because you acturally enter tag listing from different items.

I wouldn't mind hacking, please anybody give some clue.

Carolyn Harris said:I would also like some input on the best SEF to use. I have my site split into regular Joomla! content (articles, news items), K2 (for a Library section) as well as JomSocial for our community. J! core SEF works really well for the J! content and also the JomSocial but the K2 content has silly links like: nwolibrary.com/nwolibrary/item/694-mystery-fulcanelli or, for a subcategory: nwolibrary.com/nwolibrary/itemlist/category/34-hermetics I would love to shorten and tighten them up but don't want to install something that a) invalidates or otherwise breaks the J! SEF, and b) messes up K2. Any suggestions?

More
13 years 9 months ago #78127 by Paolo
Replied by Paolo on topic SEF?
Hi, I'm trying to use the Search Engine Friendly URLs option in joomla with K2 installed but I'm having an issue when there's a page listing articles fetched by a tag.

No errors, but it looks like the wrong page/contents are shown (always the same, no matter the page we select).

This page for example:

www.artofswimming.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=generic&tag=the+team&task=tag&Itemid=158

it works fine if SEF URLs is off, but as soon as I switch it on it displays some random contents.

Can please anyone let me know if there's a solution to this?

cheers
p