Keyword

SEF URL charachter problem with tagging

More
14 years 7 months ago #78173 by Kaan
The charachter "ü" is being turned to "c3bc" instead of "u".  "u" is Unicode Char, "c3bc" is UTF-8 Bytes char. Language char set of my site is UTF-8, but I am having URL SEF problem with k2 component tagging. CONVERSION CHART can be found here. While I am searching the source of proplem, I saw that something is wrong in sh404sef component. URL's which contain non-english charchters seems wrong:Example: index.php?option=com_k2&lang=tr&tag=Amerika güzellik yarıÅBut I checked the mysql Database. Tags seem correct in the MYSQL: in MYSQL: Amerika güzellik yarışmasıin SH404SEF (in admin): index.php?option=com_k2&lang=tr&tag=Amerika güzellik yarıÅwhat's the solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78174 by esedic
Replied by esedic on topic SEF URL charachter problem with tagging
This solution was posted somewhere here in the forum:

In file components\com_k2\sef_ext\com_k2.php around line 140 search for this code:

case 'tag':
$title[] = 'tag';
$title[] = $tag;
break;

and replace it with this code:

case 'tag':
$tag=str_replace('%20','-',$tag);
$tag=str_replace('+','-',$tag);
$title[] = $tag;
break;

More
14 years 7 months ago #78175 by Kaan
Replied by Kaan on topic SEF URL charachter problem with tagging
Thank you but but my problem isn't about space character or "+" character.

which file supplies this URL: index.php?option=com_k2&lang=tr&tag=güzellik yarı�ması&task=tag&view=itemlist

Locate please! If I found the file that supplies this URL, I can change the codes with str_replace function.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78176 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic SEF URL charachter problem with tagging
Hi. You are using SH404SEF so i think it has to do with this extension. Are you having any problems when using the native Joomla SEF mechanism?

Kaan said:Thank you but but my problem isn't about space character or "+" character.
which file supplies this URL: index.php?option=com_k2&lang=tr&tag=güzellik yarı�ması&task=tag&view=itemlist

Locate please! If I found the file that supplies this URL, I can change the codes with str_replace function.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #78177 by Fabrício Nihues
Replied by Fabrício Nihues on topic SEF URL charachter problem with tagging
I did not found the real solution, but as a workaround you can manually change the url of your tags in the sh404sef url manager, then it will work, but replace to u instead of ü...