Keyword

How to migrate from jReviews

More
14 years 7 months ago #78244 by klp29
How to migrate from jReviews was created by klp29
For several years, we've been using jReviews component for our site, www.Bryllup.dk because, don't laugh :), it makes our content look good :)
Ie. we've not been using it to review anything, as it's originally made for, but only for formatting purposes.
We have 25.000+ users and 1.000+ articles and MAN is K2 blazingly fast!!!!!

I need to migrate our site to K2, the sooner the better.

But one thing keeps bugging me: jReviews stores its images differently than com_content, so when converting the content, the images is note in the K2 versions.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Review Publications
More
14 years 7 months ago #78245 by Review Publications
Replied by Review Publications on topic How to migrate from jReviews
Hey Kenneth:

I too want to use JRevies because of the formatting, but also because of CSV import. Have you figured out how to move your content to K2 from JReviews? Thanks for any feedback.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78246 by klp29
Replied by klp29 on topic How to migrate from jReviews
John B. Byrne said:Hey Kenneth:
I too want to use JRevies because of the formatting, but also because of CSV import. Have you figured out how to move your content to K2 from JReviews? Thanks for any feedback.

Hi John - the content is easily / automatically imported, as K2 has an import feature.

It's the thousands of old URLs that I'm worried about because every single article gets a new URL in K2.

I was hoping that someone had already solved this, as I see the move to K2 to be very relevant for large, existing sites..... thus all having the same problem with urls :)

• Review Publications
More
14 years 6 months ago #78247 by Review Publications
Replied by Review Publications on topic How to migrate from jReviews
Thanks, Kenneth. Hope it works out for you. I'm still learning here so I can't offer anything useful to you just yet. Best of luck! John

Kenneth WedMore Lund said:John B. Byrne said:Hey Kenneth: I too want to use JRevies because of the formatting, but also because of CSV import. Have you figured out how to move your content to K2 from JReviews? Thanks for any feedback.

Hi John - the content is easily / automatically imported, as K2 has an import feature.

It's the thousands of old URLs that I'm worried about because every single article gets a new URL in K2.

I was hoping that someone had already solved this, as I see the move to K2 to be very relevant for large, existing sites..... thus all having the same problem with urls :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #78248 by sigpro_firsttry
Replied by sigpro_firsttry on topic How to migrate from jReviews
Dear Kenneth,

i just noticed your post while looking for comparison of K2 vs. jReviews regarding speed/performance behaviour.

You tell us that K2 is very fast - did you already tested it on a live site against jReviews?
I really would love to get some more details about the advantage/ disadvantages of they two systems!

Thank you and best regards!