Keyword

com_tc_comments: Vote on comments, report inappropriate comments

• Robert Broughton
  • Robert Broughton's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78256 by Robert Broughton
This is for site owners who want visitors to be able to post comments, but not have to register with the site to do so.When a comment is posted, later visitors can vote "yes" or "no" on the comment (as in dailykos.com), or click "report" for inappropriate comments. The administrative area for this component lists reported comments and comments with more than three "no" votes. The administrator can delete reported comments, and also blacklist the IP address of the commenter.This component uses Ajax, and the vote count is updated immediately.This component, unfortunately, requires a patch to the K2 core. A patch file for version 2.2 of K2 is provided.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Robert Broughton
More
14 years 4 months ago #78257 by Robert Broughton
Doug M said:I've installed, and i'm trying to work through your readme file, but I don't know what you mean by alter tables? where do i find that?

"ALTER TABLES" is a mysql command, like SELECT.

The way I usually do this is to run mysql as a shell command. If you don't have any experience with this sort of thing, your web host should provide a way of running phpMyAdmin.

More
14 years 4 months ago #78258 by scyllar
this is great, thanks!

• Robert Broughton
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #78259 by Robert Broughton
Upgraded to work with K2 v2.3, and fixed a bug that prevented people who posted comments from voting.
Attachments:

More
13 years 6 months ago #78260 by pdrim
Hi Robert, I got it to work! Thanks for this component. However after I approved the fist reported comment no reported comments are shown any more? Do you have any idea.