Keyword

Categories need a little tweak...

• Watch Concierge
  • Watch Concierge's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78290 by Watch Concierge
Categories need a little tweak... was created by Watch Concierge
Hi, as far as I can tell extra fields can onloy be viewed from the category heirachy since the extra fields are attached to categories. However, I need to implement an atomic view of this and wonder if this is a feature that I have missed or if anyone can point out how to do this. i.e. when you view a users items the extra fields are not displayed unless you drill down to the item itself. Each user item has a category so there should be no problem establishing what the extra fields are and then displaying them for each item in the user item view. I like the flexibility of having different fields for the various categories but really need this functionality as I want all users to have one consistent view of all the content, regardless. Is this a feature setting that I have missed ? Can it be simply implemented ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78291 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Categories need a little tweak...
I think this should be made a Feature Request, unless someone can make a plugin fix.

K2Joom.com

• Watch Concierge
  • Watch Concierge's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78292 by Watch Concierge
Replied by Watch Concierge on topic Categories need a little tweak...
Well, after much head scratching and coding I have come to the conclusion that the only way forward is to add the fields to the item table. This goes against the k2 philosophy but with only a finite amount of time it seems the only option. The other benefit for us is that we can then have Ajax style filters on these fields. Despite us hacking a quite elegant structure I think this is the only way we can go, but hey that's what open source is for :-). If this gets added in the future we will migrate...

More
14 years 7 months ago #78293 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Categories need a little tweak...
Thanks for the update.

K2joom.com