Keyword

Weird bullets in K2

• Niko Niko
  • Niko Niko's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78318 by Niko Niko
Weird bullets in K2 was created by Niko Niko
HI.
I'm trying to implement K2 on a live site, therefore I cannot mess around too much with the CSS.  I'm trying to implement K2 and once installed, i'm getting these weird bullets.

I've searched on this forum but can't seem to find a solution...anyone had any luck?  here's a link:  bit.ly/a51ouZ

I've disables the K2 CSS completely and the bullets would still show up; this issue is only happening on K2 posts & Categories

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78319 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Weird bullets in K2
I spoke with someone else today with the same problem and found that there is a conflict between the joomla template style and the K2 style for the ol, ul and li elements.

K2 is using lists to display for example the stars, but your template Kyaniet II by JoomlArt has its own set of styles in the template css.

As A test, I removed the image from:
background:transparent url(../images/bullet.gif) no-repeat scroll 20px 7px .column ul li

This is found in 1800medicalmarijuana.com/templates/ja_kyanite_ii/css/template.css.

To help you, copy that line first, then paste it and wrap it with comments /* */ you will have a copy of the original to remind you.

Provided you dont use that bullet in your article, then all will be fine.

• Niko Niko
  • Niko Niko's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78320 by Niko Niko
Replied by Niko Niko on topic Weird bullets in K2
Thank you...that did the trick! No bullets on the site now, but we'll deal with that down the line I guess.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78321 by Simon Wells
Yes, that is a downside, but I think you can manage by renaming the css class in you main template.

Niko Niko said:Thank you...that did the trick! No bullets on the site now, but we'll deal with that down the line I guess.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78322 by HomesteadMommy
Replied by HomesteadMommy on topic Weird bullets in K2
I'm having the same problem on my site as well. Every where there are tags, avatars etc. a bullet icon shows up behind them. www.homestead-acres.com

I found the css for the bullets, but I would rather rename it instead of commenting it out so it can still be used in posts.

.Post ul li, .Post ol ul li {
background-image:url("../images/PostBullets.png");
background-repeat:no-repeat;
padding-left:16px;
}

If someone could help me figure out how to fix this and keep the bullets working, would be much appreciated!

K2Joom said:Yes, that is a downside, but I think you can manage by renaming the css class in you main template.

More
14 years 6 months ago #78323 by nAdY
Replied by nAdY on topic Weird bullets in K2
Hi there,
I use japurity ii and the bullets were destructing me for a while. adding the following to the template.css of japurity ii solved my issues.
/* K2
Added to remove the bullets from the k2 items in japurity ii*/

div.k2ItemsBlock ul li,
div.itemToolbar ul li {background-image:none;}

HomesteadMommy said:I'm having the same problem on my site as well. Every where there are tags, avatars etc. a bullet icon shows up behind them. www.homestead-acres.com
I found the css for the bullets, but I would rather rename it instead of commenting it out so it can still be used in posts.

.Post ul li, .Post ol ul li {
background-image:url("../images/PostBullets.png");
background-repeat:no-repeat;
padding-left:16px;
}

If someone could help me figure out how to fix this and keep the bullets working, would be much appreciated!

K2Joom said:Yes, that is a downside, but I think you can manage by renaming the css class in you main template.

More
14 years 6 months ago #78324 by Simon Wells
This is a common issue, caused by shared ul li class.

There is two ways to resolve, both similar and both work.
My preference is to do this in the k2 template, specifically as we use and extension which allows css to be added to each custom k2 template which resides in the Joomla template.

Simply rename the class in the k2.css or, if using the cssperk2 plugin, the MYTEMPLATE_style.css which is conflicting with the main template.

More information on K2 templating can be found here.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #78325 by DKcrm
Replied by DKcrm on topic Weird bullets in K2
Hello

Just installed the K2 component on our site, interclub.dk, as it had the functionality of giving restricted author access to users without giving them permission to write in all sections and categories - PERFECT!

I have the same problem, though, as the users above - for every list item in the layout, I get a bullet. - K2Joom, you write about renaming the ul li class in k2.css... Exactly where in the file is that? I've been trying to remove both the ul's and li's here and there, with various results, but not the one I needed.

Also, I read about the templating in the article you linked to - nice tutorial, but it shows some css templates not included in my k2 package - I only get 'default' and 'images' when following the instructions given in the article..

Please help?

More
14 years 1 month ago #78326 by Richard Henline
Replied by Richard Henline on topic Weird bullets in K2
Here is what I did to fix this problem without any changes to the Joomla template.

In K2.CSS

Line 61 on mine change
.itemRatingList li {display:inline;background:none;padding:0;}
to
.itemRatingList ul li {display:inline;background:none;padding:0;}

this fixes the bullets on the stars in the ratings

about line 221 change

div.itemTagsBlock ul.itemTags li {
display:inline;
list-style:none;
padding:0 4px 0 0;
margin:0;
text-align:center;
}

to

div.itemTagsBlock ul.itemTags li {
background: none;
}

Line about 434 change
div.catItemTagsBlock ul.catItemTags li {display:inline; list-style:none; padding:0 4px 0 0; margin:0; text-align:center}
to
div.catItemTagsBlock ul.catItemTags li {
background: none;
}

Adding the background: none over rides the background set in the template.css

if you run into any other unwanted bullets just find the tag and add the background: none

Hope this helps someone else using the ja purity II template with K2. I spent two days trying to figure this out and did not like the other answers I found.

Alexandre said:Thank you very much Naod Yeheyes.Finally I got rid of those dots.Naod Yeheyes said:Hi there,I use japurity ii and the bullets were destructing me for a while. adding the following to the template.css of japurity ii solved my issues./* K2
Added to remove the bullets from the k2 items in japurity ii*/div.k2ItemsBlock ul li,div.itemToolbar ul li {background-image:none;}HomesteadMommy said:I'm having the same problem on my site as well. Every where there are tags, avatars etc. a bullet icon shows up behind them. www.homestead-acres.comI found the css for the bullets, but I would rather rename it instead of commenting it out so it can still be used in posts..Post ul li, .Post ol ul li {background-image:url("../images/PostBullets.png");background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-left:16px;}If someone could help me figure out how to fix this and keep the bullets working, would be much appreciated!K2Joom said:Yes, that is a downside, but I think you can manage by renaming the css class in you main template.

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #78327 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Weird bullets in K2
I'm having this same problem - I've tried changing all the css as instructed and still see the bullets.  THEY ARE required on my site on other pages, so I don't want to get rid of them.  Ideas? 

behrcommunications.com/blog/item/1-communications-audits

martha