Keyword

ACL and K2

• strummsteel
  • strummsteel's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #78344 by strummsteel
ACL and K2 was created by strummsteel
Right now, unless im mistaken K2 only provides ACL to front-end posting.
Is there a way for K2 to implement ACL, (example different registered user groups) view only access?

Can I use K2 with other ACL add-ons?

Thanks in davance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78345 by k2k2k2
Replied by k2k2k2 on topic ACL and K2
Yep, I am running this, handing for articles needing ACL, that K2 cannot render any 3rd party plugins properly
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/frontend-access-control/4836

• strummsteel
  • strummsteel's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78346 by strummsteel
Replied by strummsteel on topic ACL and K2
thanks for the reply, doers it work with K2? Its weird that I have to pay for it then not work with K2.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78347 by k2k2k2
Replied by k2k2k2 on topic ACL and K2
Well I can say it works on mine, and I have found that not all types of plugins work in K2, so having this ACL means I can have K2 items and Joomal regular articles, both with ACL for individual members, really handy, the ACL plugin only works on Joomla sections only, not anything you set up pre/post your vanilla Joomla section and categories

Darell Sison said:thanks for the reply, doers it work with K2? Its weird that I have to pay for it then not work with K2.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #78348 by Daniele Cusumano
Replied by Daniele Cusumano on topic ACL and K2
Hi, so in the end, at the moment if I use K2 there is no possible integration for third party plugins.. :( I really like K2 but I can't figure out how to restrict visibility to group of different users :(

ex. Users of Group A can't see posts of Group B.. and so on..

k2k2k2 said:Well I can say it works on mine, and I have found that not all types of plugins work in K2, so having this ACL means I can have K2 items and Joomal regular articles, both with ACL for individual members, really handy, the ACL plugin only works on Joomla sections only, not anything you set up pre/post your vanilla Joomla section and categories
Darell Sison said:thanks for the reply, doers it work with K2? Its weird that I have to pay for it then not work with K2.

More
11 years 9 months ago #78349 by mahdi
Replied by mahdi on topic Re: ACL and K2
after 2 years this problem still remains.