Keyword

SEARCH + K2

• Simon Wells
  • Simon Wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78364 by Simon Wells
SEARCH + K2 was created by Simon Wells
I see many conversations regarding the search results provided within K2.Seems that everyone wants a little something different, but nothing like the results we get at the moment.Would it be nice to auto highlight the found search word to make it stand out.Would it be nice to provide just a list.Please bullet point what you would like seen.I will look at the most common responses and try to produce a plugin of workaround.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #78365 by Giulia Magnesa
Replied by Giulia Magnesa on topic SEARCH + K2
Hi Simon,

I'm looking for a plugin that allows auto highlight in the search result. Do you know one?

I have seen LXtender Finder (extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-a-indexing/site-search/4753 ) and it seems to support K2, but it is not-free. Have you ever tried it?

More
13 years 9 months ago #78366 by ak2user
Replied by ak2user on topic SEARCH + K2
The primary reason I opted for k2 was its extra fields functionality.But it seems to me that in the out-f-the-box installation joomla search with k2 plug-ins enabled does not search for extra fields content.Fixing that would be an improvement.However, I personally like the google type results which you get when you use the first index then search routine. You can then employ some advanced searching techniques, etc.Making a good plug-in of this type is probably quite a bit of work and all the ones I have seen so far are commercial.

More
13 years 9 months ago #78367 by Linda Cronsten
Replied by Linda Cronsten on topic SEARCH + K2
The search module definitely needs some upgrade. This is my wish-list:

To be able to actually search the tags, today it's not working.

To be able to search selected categories

Advanced search

To search with boolean and to search like *something

More
13 years 9 months ago #78368 by Ray Ortega
Replied by Ray Ortega on topic SEARCH + K2
@ Linda I agree these options would be great. Also is there a way to change search parameters on the search page? One of the check boxes is labeled K2 items. No one will understand what that means, so I would like to change that to say search directory only or something along those lines. I'll take a look at the php file, but if anyone has a suggestion, I'm all eyes..:-) I do hope there will be an upgrade on the search tool soon though. It would also be nice if we get ad search parameters on the back end as well other than tags. I would like users to be able to search directory advertisers by age, height, weight, gender etc...

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
13 years 9 months ago #78369 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic SEARCH + K2
I would like to see plugin which search in a list of tag labels. Example:

Tag :  Cars

Subtag:lamborgini

Sub Subtag: New

To be able to search selected tags

sorry for my bad english