Keyword

Add image using K2 tab get blank screen

• piperchick
  • piperchick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78377 by piperchick
Add image using K2 tab get blank screen was created by piperchick
Hi, I am trying to add images to my site.  I have modified my php.ini to accept up to 12 mb files and increased the max_execution_time as well. You can see my php info here: allenfamily.ca/info.phpI can't upload images in K2 without getting a blank screen and a locked article.  I can use JCE and Media Manager to add large images, but I can't use the "browse server" option in K2 to post them to the article as the main image.The strange thing is, I can upload videos and attachments in excess of 2 mb through K2, so it must be seeing my modified php.ini.Any help would be appreciated.  This isn't giving an error, just a blank screen, so my users don't know what is going on.Thanks.Stephanie aka piperchick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78378 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Add image using K2 tab get blank screen
Hi Stephanie

Have you tried rolling back to ensure it works before the modified file?

I use JCE, with K2 plugin which allows me to upload files to any location, including new folders without issue.

• piperchick
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78379 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Add image using K2 tab get blank screen
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried to roll-back before the custom php.ini and it works up to 2 mb. Even after the custom php.ini it works up to 2 mb

I also use JCE with the K2 plugin and it allows me to upload the images (up to 12 mb) to any folder. The problem is even when I upload the images using JCE or Media Manager, I can't use the K2 "browse server" on the image tab for images over 2 mb. I really like the K2 feature that allows the main images to be re-sized. It was one of the big draws to K2 for me.

I usually re-size my images before uploading, but my users aren't very savvy, so I want to make the site as easy to use as possible. Again, that was one of the big draws to K2.

Any other suggestions? I can give you access to see what's going on if that will help.

Stephanie
K2Joom said:Hi Stephanie
Have you tried rolling back to ensure it works before the modified file?

I use JCE, with K2 plugin which allows me to upload files to any location, including new folders without issue.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78380 by Simon Wells
If I can clear some other K2 support tests, I will have a look.

At the moment, I have not had any issues uploading in this way, but then again, I have not paid attention to file sizes as yet.
Are you uploading .zip files?

I just check and I have zip of over 4Mb which was uploaded without issue, if that helps . . .

• piperchick
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #78381 by piperchick
I have completely removed my custom php.ini. I still get the blank white screen at uploading images at 1.5 mb. I think it may be a time-out.

I have also tried uploading a small 160 k zip file for a SIG gallery and I get the blue banner across the top of the screen telling me my changes have been saved but nothing is visible. No server time-out, but still no joy. The zip file is saved in media/K2/galleries, but the images don't show up in the article.

I have tried re-installing k2, but that didn't work to resolve these issues. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Stephanie

• piperchick
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #78382 by piperchick
I have checked all the image-related posts and tried everything -- to no avail. The one idea I did get from that research was to try and track down the error message.

This is what my error log says:
File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/site/administrator/images/stories, referer: allenfamily.ca/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=213

Does this help troubleshoot?

More
14 years 6 months ago #78383 by Simon Wells
Hi Stephanie,

The link to pulls up the backend login.
What changes were made to custom php ini?

Thanks,

Simon

piperchick said:I have checked all the image-related posts and tried everything -- to no avail. The one idea I did get from that research was to try and track down the error message.
This is what my error log says:
File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/site/administrator/images/stories, referer: allenfamily.ca/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&vie...

Does this help troubleshoot?

• piperchick
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #78384 by piperchick
Hi Simon,

I have tried with my modified php.ini and I have also disabled my custom php.ini. The default image upload size is 2 mb, but most digital cameras shoot about 3 mb, so I tried to increase the max_upload so that my non-tech-savvy users can upload photos without having to edit them first. I know the custom php.ini worked in JCE and media manager. php info here: allenfamily.ca/info.php.

My mods are as follows:

; USER MODIFIED PARAMETERS FOLLOW

register_globals = Off
session.use_trans_sid = 0
upload_max_filesize = 12M
post_max_size = 24M
max_execution_time = 500
max_input_time = 500
date.timezone = America/Toronto
memory_limit = 32M

As for the link... that was a Ning thing. It wasn't a link. Now I can't recreate the error.

Still noodling away trying to sort this. As I said, my users are my parents who want to post pictures of the grand-kids. I want it to be as easy as Facebook!!

Simon, you're always such a big help. Thanks.

K2Joom said:Hi Stephanie,

The link to pulls up the backend login.
What changes were made to custom php ini?

Thanks,

Simon

More
13 years 11 months ago #78385 by bkemler
Replied by bkemler on topic Add image using K2 tab get blank screen
Did you ever figure this out? I have always had the exact same problem and I've tried to train my users to resize large images before upload but I'm thinking about opening the site up to a lot more users and it would not be possible to get them to all resize first.

I'm using K2 v 2.2 on Joomla 1.5.17 and I have max_file_uploads set to 20 mb in my php.ini file. The site uploads and resizes small-medium images just fine but when someone tries to upload a large image for the Item Image of a K2 item, the site just loads a blank screen. I haven't tested the exact file size limit but 2 mb could certainly be it.

Anyone have ideas?