Keyword

Creating a Menu Link for Users to Submit an Article

• David Erickson
  • David Erickson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78826 by David Erickson
It seems like this question has been asked a number of items but I have not seen a solution.  How can I create a menu link for a user to submit an article to the K2 Component?  This seem like a very simple request, something that the Joomla article management component that is built in has by default.  I lost with out this for my users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78827 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Creating a Menu Link for Users to Submit an Article
Hi David.

You don't have to set a menu item link, unless you really want to :)

If you want registered users to be able to submit a item, then this can be done using the K2 Login Module.
Provided that the right permission are set, per user/group, then they can create a new item, just by logging in and using the link in that module.

Alternatively, you can do the same thing with a menu, you would need to copy the link that the "create a new item" generates.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

• Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende
  • Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende's Avatar
More
13 years 6 months ago #78828 by Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende
Replied by Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende on topic Creating a Menu Link for Users to Submit an Article
Hi Simon.

]The only items I have at login menu is:

My page
My account
Moderarate comments

This happens even though I being the site administrator and login with my super administrator account..I don´t have "create a new item" on this module..

At Edit user group, all options are setted to yes for all groups.

please, give me a "light" to solve it

thank you

Ana
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:

Hi David.
You don't have to set a menu item link, unless you really want to :)

If you want registered users to be able to submit a item, then this can be done using the K2 Login Module.
Provided that the right permission are set, per user/group, then they can create a new item, just by logging in and using the link in that module.

Alternatively, you can do the same thing with a menu, you would need to copy the link that the "create a new item" generates.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

K2Joom.com