Keyword

No image upload

More
14 years 1 month ago #78854 by Bernd
Replied by Bernd on topic No image upload
root/media/K2/

Pierre Cornelissen said:Where does K2 save the Category and Item Image Files?
Bernd said:Yes and check the files. The files must be your FTP user not wwwrun or nobody. Ala Makota said:Do you mean wrong chmod on image folder? Still I can't figure it out... Bernd said:wwwrun is a preference/user problem on a host. Check your files on your server.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #78855 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic No image upload
Thanks very much. As stated in another thread, I did found it and set the security to 777 which I think is a bit dangerous. Will look into security settings and set accordingly.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 6 days ago #78856 by Gijs Scholman
Replied by Gijs Scholman on topic No image upload
Hey, I have exact the same problem. If I add a picture and save the article it says "Changes to item saved", but then there is no picture there. The picture is .JPG of 600x600 pixels and 40kb (also tried other pictures), so that could not be the problem, also root/media/k2 and all the subfolders are on CHMOD 777 also Group and owner are both set to FTP. I use the latest K2 v2.4.1 and Joomla 1.5.20. Can someone please help me out here?

More
14 years 3 days ago #78857 by Gideon Larionov
Replied by Gideon Larionov on topic No image upload
Similar problem... if i add picture to item, got blank screen after Save/Apply and no image added.

Also using the latest K2 v2.4.1 and Joomla 1.5.20.

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #78858 by Nick Texidor
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic No image upload
For those people having problems with the uploading of files, and have already ruled out a problem with permissions, I have a solution....

The quick fix is to edit /administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php. Go to the init() function, and change the following variables from true to false:

$this->mime_fileinfo = false; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this->mime_file = false; // MIME detection with UNIX file() command
$this->mime_magic = false; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())

You are 'SUPPOSED' to be able to override these settings in the calling script, however, because of a fundamental flaw in the design, it doesn't actually work :^)

I have documented the flaw in another post, but the above should at least get you working!

More
13 years 11 months ago #78859 by Gideon Larionov
Nick Texidor said:For those people having problems with the uploading of files, and have already ruled out a problem with permissions, I have a solution....

Let`s try it out :-)

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #78860 by Nick Texidor
So, did it work? :^)

Gideon Larionov said:
Nick Texidor said:For those people having problems with the uploading of files, and have already ruled out a problem with permissions, I have a solution....

Let`s try it out :-)

More
13 years 11 months ago #78861 by Gideon Larionov
Woks fine... now i can fully use this awesome K2 component :-) Thanx

Nick Texidor said:So, did it work? :^)

More
13 years 11 months ago #78862 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic No image upload
Since as an admin I upload the images to the folder via cPanel, but have not tried this one; what will happen if an upgrade from K2 arrives - will they have fixed this problem in the meantime?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #78863 by Nick Texidor
Considering I found this problem in K2 2.2, and K2 2.4.1 still hasn't fixed it... you'll probably have to update the class.upload.php script again to turn off the MIME checking as I mentioned above.

Pierre Cornelissen said:Since as an admin I upload the images to the folder via cPanel, but have not tried this one; what will happen if an upgrade from K2 arrives - will they have fixed this problem in the meantime?