Keyword

K2 User Plugin do i need it ?

• Parth Lawate
  • Parth Lawate's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78960 by Parth Lawate
K2 User Plugin do i need it ? was created by Parth Lawate
Hi,On our site we use K2 for all content management.. I noticed the K2 User plugins adds stuff onto the registration form .. How do i remove it ? If i dont want my users to add articles to the site, can i just disable the user plugin ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Parth Lawate
More
14 years 7 months ago #78961 by Parth Lawate
Replied by Parth Lawate on topic K2 User Plugin do i need it ?
Whoops.. i meant the system plugin..

What else is it responsible for..

More
14 years 7 months ago #78962 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 User Plugin do i need it ?
If you dont want users to add K2 Items to your site, then you need to configure your User Group to prevent them from doing so.
This is the best way.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

• Parth Lawate
More
14 years 7 months ago #78963 by Parth Lawate
Actually what i want is that i just dont want to show K2 fields in the registration form.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78964 by Simon Wells
Sorry, I am a bit confused?

You dont want visitors to register? Then don't use the K2 Login Module.
When visitors register, using k2 Joom Login module, then they are directed to the Joomla registration page, unless you use some other registration type.

K2Joom.com chose not to use standard Joomla registration due to no antispam, so we used AlphaRegistration instead.

Do you have a link to your site, I will take a look.

Regards,

K2joom.com

• Parth Lawate
More
14 years 7 months ago #78965 by Parth Lawate
Actually i wanted users to register.. but not show them the additional description etc fields..

Can you tell me how the K2 registration is superior as even though i have had lots of spam users registering after using that..

I decided to use default registration & use com_security images with it.. so i wanted to remove the K2 fields..

More
14 years 7 months ago #78966 by Simon Wells
I dont believe K2 has a registration plugin as it uses the standard Joomla registration.
The standard Joomla Login has no antispam, such as recaptcha and although K2 uses this, it is not configured for registration purposes.

Can you send a screen shot of the page, which shows the items you do not want displayed, as this will help to identify which files need to be modified and ensure I know exaclty what you want.

thanks.

K2Joom.com

Parth Lawate said:Actually i wanted users to register.. but not show them the additional description etc fields..
Can you tell me how the K2 registration is superior as even though i have had lots of spam users registering after using that..

I decided to use default registration & use com_security images with it.. so i wanted to remove the K2 fields..

• Parth Lawate
More
14 years 7 months ago #78967 by Parth Lawate
K2 uses a System plugin to rewrite the registration form.. will post a screenshot asap

K2Joom said:I dont believe K2 has a registration plugin as it uses the standard Joomla registration. The standard Joomla Login has no antispam, such as recaptcha and although K2 uses this, it is not configured for registration purposes.

Can you send a screen shot of the page, which shows the items you do not want displayed, as this will help to identify which files need to be modified and ensure I know exaclty what you want.

thanks.

K2Joom.com

Parth Lawate said:Actually i wanted users to register.. but not show them the additional description etc fields.. Can you tell me how the K2 registration is superior as even though i have had lots of spam users registering after using that..

More
14 years 1 month ago #78968 by Ben Freda
Replied by Ben Freda on topic K2 User Plugin do i need it ?
Anyone figure this out yet?

I tried to edit (e.g., eliminate) some of the fields in the template override file, but it didn't do anything:

/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/html/com_k2/register.php

I thought for sure that the override would work, but no dice. Any other ideas?

Thanks much

Ben

• Parth Lawate
More
14 years 1 month ago #78969 by Parth Lawate
Hi,

We finally had to comment out the function that was overriding the registration form from the K2 system plugin.. Ideally this should be optional & configurable from the system plugin params..