Keyword

K2 with Community Builder

More
14 years 7 months ago #79048 by Cambo
K2 with Community Builder was created by Cambo
Hi, I am just building a site with both community builder and K2 - so far so good... the users seem to be shared correctly accross the two.  The issue I have is that for Community Builder registration to work (with the extra fields etc) I need to use the CB LOGIN module but of course this does not allow for creating new K2 content once logged in.

Has anyone come up with a nify solution to this?  Maybe a K2 LOGIN module that links to the CB registration page..... or a standalone K2 module that allows a logged in user to create new K2 pages?

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79049 by Roland Wampers
Replied by Roland Wampers on topic K2 with Community Builder
I have the same need. Is there a solution to have CB users add/edit their own K2 items (and assign K2 items to users) ?

More
14 years 5 months ago #79050 by David
Replied by David on topic K2 with Community Builder
Create a K2 group and set relevant permissions and which categories articles can be added to. You can then add users to a K2 group and when viewing a category you will see a a link "Add a new item to this category" appear in top right hand corner. If you also want users to edit their own previously created articles then you need to enable the K2 Login module. If you are using CB login, then set this to registered so the user does not use it to log in. I publish mine in the user profile page where they can then add articles and or modify existing ones.

Roland Francis said:I have the same need. Is there a solution to have CB users add/edit their own K2 items (and assign K2 items to users) ?

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #79051 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic K2 with Community Builder
Is there any update to this because I think the site components for K2 and CB have been updated.

Perhaps I am not understanding the instructions but I think the original poster is asking if the CB login can be a login can also login to K2... Now going to the User profile and do the article edit or submission is a nice idea and can be done and that is the part the last poster was stating.

More
13 years 9 months ago #79052 by Sapm Getter
Replied by Sapm Getter on topic K2 with Community Builder
Hey!
I just found this plugin on extensions.joomla.org
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-exten...
Already installed it on Joomla 1.5.21 Native (no legacy!) and it worked perfectly.
It allows to automatically asign new users (registered through Joomla, in my case CommunityBuilder does that) to a configurable k2-group.
So new users are able to edit, create items in k2 without being manually assigned to a k2-user group.
So you can use login and registration through CB.
Hope this is useful for you, but I think so, 'cause I was looking for a plugin like that for over half-a-year!