Keyword

Simple Image Gallery and V2.2 - K2Joom Has It Working

• Simon Wells
  • Simon Wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #79219 by Simon Wells
Finally after a few months, we have managed to get SIG to work with K2.As a result, we have written up a guide explaining how, plus show a possible useful hack and of course a working example.Read the guide here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #79220 by d.k.shukla
Plug in SIG free version is also working with k2 V-2.2 after doing following changes.
There is path issue in plug in, you will require to change in file showthumb.php , you will find file in /plugins/content/plugin_jw_sig/
Please modify line no 15 by replacing following code

$_image_ = '../../../media/k2/galleries/'.$_GET;

You will also require to change plugins/content/jwsig.php at line no.50 by following code
$rootfolder = '/media/k2/galleries/';

It will help people to use gallery feature of K2

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #79221 by Simon Wells
Hi D.K.

We have no less than 4 different SIG variants that we tested on K2Joom, a virgin install and another live site, all never worked 100%.

The first time we got K2 to work an image gallery was with SIG Pro.
In our case, we spent a very large number of hours trying to debug situations were it would not work.
For those install that any of the free SIGs do not work, don't waste hours to fix it, 12 Euro is too small to loose time in development.

Regards,

Simon

d.k.shukla said:Plug in SIG free version is also working with k2 V-2.2 after doing following changes. There is path issue in plug in, you will require to change in file showthumb.php , you will find file in /plugins/content/plugin_jw_sig/
Please modify line no 15 by replacing following code

You will also require to change plugins/content/jwsig.php at line no.50 by following code

More
14 years 7 months ago #79222 by d.k.shukla
Hi Simon
BTW SIG free version is working perfectly without any problem after modifying path. This information is useful to people don't have 12 Euro.
Please have a try then post your comment.

K2Joom said:Hi D.K.
We have no less than 4 different SIG variants that we tested on K2Joom, a virgin install and another live site, all never worked 100%.

The first time we got K2 to work an image gallery was with SIG Pro.
In our case, we spent a very large number of hours trying to debug situations were it would not work.
For those install that any of the free SIGs do not work, don't waste hours to fix it, 12 Euro is too small to loose time in development.

Regards,

Simon

d.k.shukla said:Plug in SIG free version is also working with k2 V-2.2 after doing following changes. There is path issue in plug in, you will require to change in file showthumb.php , you will find file in /plugins/content/plugin_jw_sig/ Please modify line no 15 by replacing following code

More
14 years 7 months ago #79223 by FeSys
Thanks "d.k.shukla " for your sweet share.
It works fine for me..
This is the easiest, clear, clean way I have seen yet, for the free SIG version.
Many Thanks.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #79224 by Simon Wells
Hi D.K.

Dont take this the wrong way, but I have tested several, as already mentioned.
I trust Followeyes comments too, so if you both have this working, then please share a link to the file.

I will then take a look on both K2Joom (i don't want to, as I now have it working, but I have to be convinced) as well as a new install.

I will write up the feature on K2, with instruction, so the more information to help the better.
Then I will start to promote the plugin.

Can you send the link?

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 7 months ago #79225 by d.k.shukla
Hi Simon
I don't think it is necessary to post link or get certificate from you for its functionality. I had posted this information here in benefit of community.
Please also refer post with similar information community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-works-with-simple-image?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A30903

With best wishes

K2Joom said:Hi D.K.
Dont take this the wrong way, but I have tested several, as already mentioned.
I trust Followeyes comments too, so if you both have this working, then please share a link to the file.

I will then take a look on both K2Joom (i don't want to, as I now have it working, but I have to be convinced) as well as a new install.

I will write up the feature on K2, with instruction, so the more information to help the better.
Then I will start to promote the plugin.

Can you send the link?

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #79226 by Simon Wells
Thanks

However, if you read the rest of the threads in the link you posted, you will read that two other users reported issues.
If you do not think "it neccassary to post a link" to the file, how is that helping the community?
There is no offer of a certificate either, we work for the greater need of the community by providing additional testing and information.

Sorry to say, it does not help to just say it works, not when others are reporting it does not.

Regards,

Simon

More
14 years 6 months ago #79227 by d.k.shukla
Hi Simon
If you think that this post is not helpful to community then please update post with your additional information, guides, video,links,tutorials etc.
Please have a note I am not very knowledgeable as you but I don't think I had committed a mistake after posting a information.
Be creative and positive, please don't waste your time in useless discussions.
With best wishes
Shukla

K2Joom said:Thanks
However, if you read the rest of the threads in the link you posted, you will read that two other users reported issues.
If you do not think "it neccassary to post a link" to the file, how is that helping the community?
There is no offer of a certificate either, we work for the greater need of the community by providing additional testing and information.

Sorry to say, it does not help to just say it works, not when others are reporting it does not.

Regards,

Simon

More
14 years 6 months ago #79228 by kowtim
Hi Simon

First...thank's for all the really useful K2 info on your site.

I would like to say that for whatever reason, I have followed your instructions very carefully yet I am still unable to get the image gallery to show on my test site.

I have followed carefully your instructions on the requisite code for index.php and micro theming.
I have installed SIG Pro. I have also updated it to the latest version.

I have tried setting root folder to both images/gallery and media/k2/galleries, yet the images do not appear.

The zipped file of images uploads perfectly via the items image gallery tab into media/k2/galleries where they sit nicely decompressed.

If I manually insert the {xxx}yyy{/zzz} code into the article text, then the image gallery appears so SIG pro is working.

I mention all this just to say that it's possible that this particular gremlin might not be solved for everyone.

But congrats on your success and thanks to both you and dk for plugging away at this for the benefit of many of us users.

Regards

Mark