Keyword

Simple Image Gallery and V2.2 - K2Joom Has It Working

• Simon Wells
  • Simon Wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #79229 by Simon Wells
Hi Mark,

I would be interested to know which bit is wrong, but I think it could be different for each user.

Some official news from Joomlaworks: "Simple Image Gallery (free) is due for an update the coming week. The current version is not compatible with K2. Only Simple Image Gallery PRO is compatible at the moment."

Mark Baharom said:Hi Simon
First...thank's for all the really useful K2 info on your site.

I would like to say that for whatever reason, I have followed your instructions very carefully yet I am still unable to get the image gallery to show on my test site.

I have followed carefully your instructions on the requisite code for index.php and micro theming.
I have installed SIG Pro. I have also updated it to the latest version.

I have tried setting root folder to both images/gallery and media/k2/galleries, yet the images do not appear.

The zipped file of images uploads perfectly via the items image gallery tab into media/k2/galleries where they sit nicely decompressed.

If I manually insert the {xxx}yyy{/zzz} code into the article text, then the image gallery appears so SIG pro is working.

I mention all this just to say that it's possible that this particular gremlin might not be solved for everyone.

But congrats on your success and thanks to both you and dk for plugging away at this for the benefit of many of us users.

Regards

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79230 by kowtim
Hi Simon

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I'm unable to furnish you any further details as I have since removed K2 from my site. I decided to do so for the reason that reading many of the recent threads here has shown me that K2 still has quite a few things that need sorting out before going "production" with it.

Whilst I am most certain they will be worked out, for now I have decided to stick with Supper Blogger, of which I am very happy with. The reason I wanted to go with K2 was that it does tagging.

As a result of all of this, I have just obtained and am now trying to get jxTENDED labels to work with my Supper Blogger and ACEsef extensions. Like you, I have no issues paying reasonable prices for Joomla extensions.

And so I shall be taking a leave of absence from K2 for a while. But I look forward to checking it out if and when my next site or project comes along!

Once again... thanks for your great site and work

Mark

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #79231 by Simon Wells
Thanks Mark, Dont forget to follow using either RSS or Twitter, just to keep an ee on whats happening.

Simon

Mark Baharom said:Hi Simon
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I'm unable to furnish you any further details as I have since removed K2 from my site. I decided to do so for the reason that reading many of the recent threads here has shown me that K2 still has quite a few things that need sorting out before going "production" with it.

Whilst I am most certain they will be worked out, for now I have decided to stick with Supper Blogger, of which I am very happy with. The reason I wanted to go with K2 was that it does tagging.

As a result of all of this, I have just obtained and am now trying to get jxTENDED labels to work with my Supper Blogger and ACEsef extensions. Like you, I have no issues paying reasonable prices for Joomla extensions.

And so I shall be taking a leave of absence from K2 for a while. But I look forward to checking it out if and when my next site or project comes along!

Once again... thanks for your great site and work

Mark

More
14 years 6 months ago #79232 by d.k.shukla
Hi Simon

As you want a working website link of using sig free version as a proof. Please have a look footwear.fancytex.com This website is using k2 v 2.2 and sig free version.

With best Wishes
Shukla

K2Joom said:Hi D.K. Dont take this the wrong way, but I have tested several, as already mentioned. I trust Followeyes comments too, so if you both have this working, then please share a link to the file.

I will then take a look on both K2Joom (i don't want to, as I now have it working, but I have to be convinced) as well as a new install.

I will write up the feature on K2, with instruction, so the more information to help the better.
Then I will start to promote the plugin.

Can you send the link?

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #79233 by HJM Cortooms
Hi Simon,

I had some problems with the sig free version too.
I did some hacks and had it almost working.
Only the lightbox didn't show up for unregistered users.

Then I found this thread. Spend 12 euros. Installed the SIG Pro version and everything worked within seconds.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #79234 by Simon Wells
Hi Harrie,

Glad you got it working.

@ d.k.shukla.
I don't doubt you, but even with the hacks that are around, not everyone can get it to work.
Consider the amount of time a dev can use to get a hack to work, then it will just be wasted when 2.3 is released and someone has to hack it again.

Everyone needs to do what they need to do and good luck.

Harrie said:Hi Simon,
I had some problems with the sig free version too.
I did some hacks and had it almost working.
Only the lightbox didn't show up for unregistered users.

Then I found this thread. Spend 12 euros. Installed the SIG Pro version and everything worked within seconds.