Keyword

URGENT: Front End Editing of User Profile: Removes User from User Group.

• k2k2k2
  • k2k2k2's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #79236 by k2k2k2
Hi guys,
I have seen for the second time, that if a user changes their password, it knocks them out of their K2 User Group, sets them back to "Registered" and prevents them editing their articles, as I have indiv user groups for companies...just wondered if I am alone..
Thanks

Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Virtual Point Partners, LLC
More
14 years 7 months ago #79237 by Virtual Point Partners, LLC
Replied by Virtual Point Partners, LLC on topic URGENT: Front End Editing of User Profile: Removes User from User Group.
Mark,

No me too. Actually it occurs when ever the profile is updated, not necessary just the password.

Regards,

Bryant

• k2k2k2
More
14 years 7 months ago #79238 by k2k2k2
OMG.....:-)
K2 please sort this asap, otherwise I'll be so busy forever changing user groups......

• k2k2k2
More
14 years 6 months ago #79239 by k2k2k2
Guys,

I want to donate, I really do, but until I know this component works, and this must be a bug for all users, I can't.

I really worry also about the speed of the responses at this community forum, I appreciate K2's free, that this is the community forum but your users can't fix bugs, I'd rather pay and get quick tech support response using another component if this is what it's going to be like. What's the story with K2Joom.Com's forum, is that a better place to go if you need a quick reply.

It's bugs me because K2 is sooo good/

Thanks.

At the very least, please dignify this thread with a reply, even if to say "We'll take a look"

• k2k2k2
More
14 years 6 months ago #79240 by k2k2k2
I had to change 7 users ACL settings this morning, because of this bug. Please can this be looked at.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79241 by Lefteris
Hi. Issue fixed for the next release. Thank you all for reporting this issue to us.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• k2k2k2
More
14 years 6 months ago #79242 by k2k2k2
Brilliant stuff, at least I can pop a FAQ now up on my site, thanks for the response.

• k2k2k2
More
14 years 6 months ago #79243 by k2k2k2
Hi,

You probably knew I was going to ask this, but when is the next release date? , given that this bug effectively renders K2's ACL useless the moment people edit their author descriptions, which they do a lot?

Thanks..

whywaitweb said:Brilliant stuff, at least I can pop a FAQ now up on my site, thanks for the response.

More
14 years 4 months ago #79244 by Kathy Lombard
Glad I found this thread. I discovered something related to this issue. I have new users set to "registered" status under the joomla settings and "registered user group" under the K2 settings. Their user group allows them to add and edit only their own items. Except this is not automatically enabled when they register.

BUT if they modify their account details in any way, even just going to the account page and clicking "SAVE", it updates their assignment to a user group from none to "Registered" and they can then add/edit items. I have put a message to that effect on the login page.
seacoastcommunitygardennetwork.org

Couldn't find a bug reporting section here... This sounds related to the issue mentioned above, and wondering if the fix for this bug will also automatically assign new registrants to the default Registered K2 user group.

More
14 years 4 months ago #79245 by Lefteris
Hi. It's the same issue and has already been fixed. The default K2 user group for new users can be changed at the component parameters.

Kathy said:Glad I found this thread. I discovered something related to this issue. I have new users set to "registered" status under the joomla settings and "registered user group" under the K2 settings. Their user group allows them to add and edit only their own items. Except this is not automatically enabled when they register.
BUT if they modify their account details in any way, even just going to the account page and clicking "SAVE", it updates their assignment to a user group from none to "Registered" and they can then add/edit items. I have put a message to that effect on the login page.
seacoastcommunitygardennetwork.org

Couldn't find a bug reporting section here... This sounds related to the issue mentioned above, and wondering if the fix for this bug will also automatically assign new registrants to the default Registered K2 user group.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)