Keyword

K2 Content module+CSS & HTML Formatting disappears?

More
14 years 7 months ago #79292 by kc
Does anyone know how to prevent the css and html from being stripped when items are displayed thru the K2 Content Module?Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #79293 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Content module+CSS & HTML Formatting disappears?
K2 content module has a lot of features.
Can you provide a link to a page with it on that shows stripping?

As the module is showing introtext, the formatting always is removed, sam as within the category list

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 7 months ago #79294 by Mark Banks
Do you mean CSS/HTML code being removed, or do you mean the alternate colouring/stripes per item in modules?

If it's colouring/stripes - you need to look for the 'zebra rows' on line 36 of the K2 CSS file and make your CSS changes.
components\com_k2\css

More
14 years 7 months ago #79295 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Content module+CSS & HTML Formatting disappears?
Mark, zebra rows are not removed.
It is the HTML formatting of the content when it is viewed as introtext.

This is also true for all introtext that is displayed in catagory view.
It provides a consistent look as all items could have their own formatting, but when viewd in this way, they all appear the same.

Simon

More
14 years 7 months ago #79296 by kc
but you see when the intro text is not displayed by the k2 content mod, it allows you to use breaks/returns but if goes through the mod it strips them of this...

K2Joom said:Mark, zebra rows are not removed. It is the HTML formatting of the content when it is viewed as introtext. This is also true for all introtext that is displayed in catagory view. It provides a consistent look as all items could have their own formatting, but when viewd in this way, they all appear the same.

Simon

More
13 years 5 months ago #79297 by Russell English
Replied by Russell English on topic K2 Content module+CSS & HTML Formatting disappears?
IS there anyway to stop it from stripping out html in mod_k2_content ? I've set it to "Introtext HTML cleanup (tag strip)" to No in the global params, but it's still doing it... any ideas?

• Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver
More
13 years 1 month ago #79298 by Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver
Replied by Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver on topic K2 Content module+CSS & HTML Formatting disappears?
I have the same issue. I am using k2_content on my home page to show most recent articles on the site. The formatting leaves a whole lot to be desired...yet the "Tags" show up in bold.

Is there some way to add some formatting? At least increase the space between the items?

Or, is there some other way to accomplish the same thing?

I am NOT into css at all.

To see current format and problem see: seniorslongtermcare.info

More
12 years 11 months ago #79299 by Justin Thomas
Replied by Justin Thomas on topic K2 Content module+CSS & HTML Formatting disappears?
OK.  I have discovered why this is happening.

In "Item view options in category listings" you will see that you have an option to set an "Introtext Word Limit".  If you hover over the text describing this you will find the root of the problem.

It states that it has to switch off the definition to ensure the site does not break.  The reason for this is quite simple.  If your text is opened in a <div> and is cut before the </div> call (or indeed <p> and </p>) then your site's layout will be thrown.  I can't see a simple workaround for this.  There is probably a way of getting the site to declare the "missing" closing bracket but it requires a better coder than me.

Any offers?