Keyword

Image formatting

• Bruno Tedeschi
  • Bruno Tedeschi's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #79310 by Bruno Tedeschi
Image formatting was created by Bruno Tedeschi
I've just starting using K2 on a test server. It looks extremely powerful, but I'm having trouble understanding how images are formatted to allow text to wrap. It would seem to make sense to have some form of control in the add item window in the image tab, something like a float right, float left option. But there doesn't seem to be such an option, so every photo just shows up on top of the text. Doesn't look so pretty.

I'm thinking maybe you would need to go into the CSS file of the template, but not sure what to look for. I'm using the free Pangea Template www.shadrachstephens.com/localtalknews. There are three .css files k2_default, k2_blog and template.css. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #79311 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Image formatting
Hi Bruno,
The image tab is for the Intro Image, which appears at the top of a category list or an item.

You need to add css for catItemImage and itemImage as they are not set as standard.
Also take care with sizes, as they are adjusted through the K2 paramters (master) or K2 Category parameters.

Let me know if you need further information.

PS, try Firebug for Firefox to help find css etc on you site.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Bruno Tedeschi
More
14 years 7 months ago #79312 by Bruno Tedeschi
Replied by Bruno Tedeschi on topic Image formatting
Great. I see how to do it now, though it's a bit of a pain to go into the CSS just to control the layout of an image. Also, if you set the css to float left in the style sheet, but in you individual item you want a photo that floats right, there is no way to change that. In other words, all items within that category have to have the exact same layout. I'm unclear why that restriction is imposed. It just seems to me that it would be better to give the user more control in the image tab to determine how the image will be displayed, similar to the way WordPress does it.

K2Joom said:Hi Bruno,The image tab is for the Intro Image, which appears at the top of a category list or an item.You need to add css for catItemImage and itemImage as they are not set as standard.Also take care with sizes, as they are adjusted through the K2 paramters (master) or K2 Category parameters.Let me know if you need further information.PS, try Firebug for Firefox to help find css etc on you site.SimonK2Joom.com

More
14 years 7 months ago #79313 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Image formatting
Hi Bruno,

Good, glad you found it.

Sounds like a feature request.
Image Tab with float left, center, float right and maybe text wrap too?

I will post this to the Dev team

• Bruno Tedeschi
More
14 years 7 months ago #79314 by Bruno Tedeschi
Replied by Bruno Tedeschi on topic Image formatting
Yes. That would be great. I'll look forward to its release.

The only thing is when it's in the item, it would have to override the category CSS when it's displaying the item, but it shouldn't override the category CSS when it's showing up in the category display. Does that make sense?

K2Joom said:Hi Bruno,Good, glad you found it.Sounds like a feature request.Image Tab with float left, center, float right and maybe text wrap too?I will post this to the Dev team