Keyword

Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?

• Mike C
  • Mike C's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #79343 by Mike C
Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core? was created by Mike C
Does anyone know if there's a way to migrate categories and items to the Joomla core article manager? I don't like K2 anymore. It's just too buggy to use on any kind of production site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #79344 by GreenDome
Replied by GreenDome on topic Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?
When importing articles from Joomla to K2, K2 does not delete the original articles from Joomla's com_content. So all your articles should still be in the Article Manager unless you deleted them. If that is the case then i'm not too sure if its possible.

GD

• Mike C
  • Mike C's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #79345 by Mike C
Replied by Mike C on topic Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?
I shouldn't have included the word "back"
Did not mean to imply that they were originally imported from com_content. It's ok though. I just recreated all the articles; there weren't too many and they weren't complex. The only time consuming thing was migrating all the comments from K2 table into jcomments table but that's done too; all 1800 of them!

More
14 years 7 months ago #79346 by Gameinatrix
Replied by Gameinatrix on topic Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?
I'm trying to do the reverse and get my plugins to recognize the k2 articles. Yes I've posted in my own topic but I'm being astute and looking and posting in more than one place.

More
13 years 11 months ago #79347 by B_Dark
Replied by B_Dark on topic Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?
me 2, nobody answer to my problems the last months... i want to go back to joomla, sorry .. >:(

More
11 years 7 months ago #79348 by Gameinatrix
Replied by Gameinatrix on topic Re: Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?
I'm going to revive this topic because I may have to do this now as I'm getting no replies from the guys here. I know I'm not paying but I figure a good working site using K2 is the best advertising, if not I can go back to the core and work that way.

More
11 years 7 months ago #79349 by Jay Reeves
Replied by Jay Reeves on topic Re: Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?
Same here - the K2 folks are not responsive to our needs, and after using K2 for several months (and dealing with jquery conflicts with it, asking for help, and getting none) K2 is not for me. I need to move all my K2 items back to Joomla and dump K2- sorry guys, you had your chance!

More
11 years 5 months ago #79350 by cale summer
Replied by cale summer on topic Re: Migrate from K2 back to Joomla core?
Hi everyone!
I hope my reply will help you with your problem.
I found one service that moves data from Joomla to K2 automatedly, and I dare to presume it makes the this process back. I'm not sure about the exact migration components, but i think you'll get all the necessary information here here .

I heard this service is rather optional concerning the website content import. So, i think you may try.