Keyword

Instaling JCE Advlink K2100

• Andrew Gleed
  • Andrew Gleed's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #79379 by Andrew Gleed
Instaling JCE Advlink K2100 was created by Andrew Gleed
Hello,Total nooby question here im afraid....I tried to install the JCE Advlink K2100 using the joomla installer via Extensions > Install\Uninstall and recieved the error:"Warning: require_once(/home2/ibstonec/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/ibstonec/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required
'/home2/ibstonec/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/extension.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/ibstonec/public_html/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216"I then did some searching and found that you are supposed to install this via a "JCE Installer"?  I have searched and searched, but can't find anything in my joomla admin panel for this.All articles I have found that mention this JCE Installer don't actually say where to find it lol...Please point me in the right direction.Kind RegardsEDIT: I should mention that I do not see anything in my Components menu for JCE Administration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andrew Gleed
More
14 years 7 months ago #79380 by Andrew Gleed
Replied by Andrew Gleed on topic Instaling JCE Advlink K2100
Aaaaah now I get it. I did not know to install JCE before hand to get the JCE Administration features required to install the K2 version.

My bad.

• Andrew Gleed
More
14 years 7 months ago #79381 by Andrew Gleed
OK, the K2 edtor is now installed and I have set my default editor to be the JCE one in global configuration.

Upon creating a new K2 article, I do indeed see the cool editor which is fantastic, but for some reason the text area where i type has two colors in the background (black and white)??

Very odd.

• Andrew Gleed
More
14 years 7 months ago #79382 by Andrew Gleed
Fixed the background problem. Was a native JCE issue. I just added the following to my template.css:

body.mceContentBody {
background-color: #FFFFFF !important;
background-image: none;
}

All good now.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79383 by Robert Anderson
Replied by Robert Anderson on topic Instaling JCE Advlink K2100
I'm wondering if anybody knows how to get JCE to work with K2 Front end editing.. when a customer (set up in their own usergroup) logs into my site through the front end and adds an article , JCE editor does not show up.. on editor at all for that matter. any ideas?

More
14 years 6 months ago #79384 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Instaling JCE Advlink K2100
A couple of things to check.

Check the JCE user groups to define which editor is set as default for the front end.
Check Joomla User Manager, you can specify which is the default editor per user which over rides the above.

Regards,

Simon

Robert Anderson said:I'm wondering if anybody knows how to get JCE to work with K2 Front end editing.. when a customer (set up in their own usergroup) logs into my site through the front end and adds an article , JCE editor does not show up.. on editor at all for that matter. any ideas?

More
14 years 4 months ago #79385 by that library
Replied by that library on topic Instaling JCE Advlink K2100
A-ha! I finally found the answer!! You must have JCE installed (it is a component) - and then install it via the plugin installer within the JCE Administration panel, which you access from your Compnents drop-down in your Admin area.

Once you open the JCE component, you will see some icons - click "Install" and install it that way - no problems!!

Hope this was helpful~

More
13 years 6 months ago #79386 by BruHow
Replied by BruHow on topic Instaling JCE Advlink K2100
Here's the error message I get

The file name 'templates/rt_afterburner_j15/css/editor_content.css' was entered in the JCE Custom CSS field. This file could not be found in the default templates folder.
The css file '/templates/system/css/editor.css' is being used instead.

For maximum compatibility with K2, what JCE editor CSS should I use or should turn them all off and accept editor.css as a good solution?

More
13 years 6 months ago #79387 by BruHow
Replied by BruHow on topic Instaling JCE Advlink K2100
Found an answer to my issue (Its not a K2 problem- its an issue with a recent release of JCE I was unfamiliar with)

If you don't have the original Joomla installation go to JCE Administration then configuration from your components. Find Formatting where "Use Template CSS" choose NO. Then go to your FTP and from templates/your_template/css/ look for your template default css duplicate the file and renamed as editor_content.css other option is to create your own css and save it in this directory and change the path on Custom CSS File. I did try to use the template.css by uploading it to the system folder but it slow down my site a lot.

www.codeasite.com/index.php/developers-corner/joomla-15/80-joomla-jce-how-to-link-the-template-css-to-the-editor

www.joomlacontenteditor.net/news/item/jce-1574-released

Sorry to clog the message board with this!