Keyword

Tagging bug - after saving item tag functionality is disabled

• Roland Wampers
  • Roland Wampers's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79529 by Roland Wampers
I am building a website running Joomla 1.5.15 with K2.2, Image Gallery Pro (latest), JoomFish 2.04 with localization and the latest JCE at www.lemazetimmo.fr When entering an item, tagging works as it should at entry level.  But once the form is completed and pictures have been added and uploaded, the item tags cannot be modified.  The ajax functionality disappears and new tags are NOT saved.Thank you for helping on this one. I have tried several reinstalls since there were also issues with JCE not displaying for joomfish translations (which I corrected with a lot of pain by uninstalling both Joomfish and K2 and reinstalling them 1. joomfish, 2. K2)The tagging issue however cannot be solved with reïnstallation, so there must be a serious bug.Thank you for helping out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79530 by Lefteris
Hi. I guess that you are getting javascript errors on your page. If the problem appears after you add a gallery to the item then please ensure that the SIG pro engine is set to mootools.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #79531 by Simon Wells
I have tested tagging on two installs and on both I am unable to replicate this issue.
FYI, I have tested with all 10 pop up engines.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Roland Wampers
More
14 years 6 months ago #79532 by Roland Wampers
Thank you for the tip Lefteris, and thank you K2Joom for looking into it. I anticipated on the java issues and disabled some template settings after which this problem seems to be under control.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79533 by jeanette hustad
I also have this problem, but do not quite understand how i can fix it. What is the SIG pro engine? What template settings were disabled?

More
14 years 6 months ago #79534 by Simon Wells
SIG Pro is Simple Image Gallery Pro, used to display galleries through the Image Gallery Tab in the Item creator.

Regards,

Simon

jeanette said:I also have this problem, but do not quite understand how i can fix it. What is the SIG pro engine? What template settings were disabled?

• Roland Wampers
More
14 years 6 months ago #79535 by Roland Wampers
Template settings are template specific, jeanette. In my case there was a javascript in a template that interferred with K2. By disabling it I got K2 to function as expected.

jeanette said:I also have this problem, but do not quite understand how i can fix it. What is the SIG pro engine? What template settings were disabled?

More
14 years 6 months ago #79536 by jeanette hustad
Thank you Simon and Roland for getting back to me.

little did i know that SIG pro whas that plugin, - even if i have it installed:-)
I have tried the different SIG options but without any luck. Looks like i am getting a "Error msg" at the statusline at low left in my browser. When clicking it, the error states something like: "Object not supported", Line: 411.

I have also checked my template settings in the index file, but no bells are ringing. The only thing i notice is that in only happens when i use IE, cause Firefox works just fine.
It also happens without having inserted an image in the text.

Any more ideas ?

More
14 years 6 months ago #79537 by Simon Wells
I have an idea Jeanette,

Dont use IE hahahha ;)

Would you like me took take a look, whilst I am under the hood later?

Regards,

Simon

jeanette said:Thank you Simon and Roland for getting back to me.
little did i know that SIG pro whas that plugin, - even if i have it installed:-)
I have tried the different SIG options but without any luck. Looks like i am getting a "Error msg" at the statusline at low left in my browser. When clicking it, the error states something like: "Object not supported", Line: 411.

I have also checked my template settings in the index file, but no bells are ringing. The only thing i notice is that in only happens when i use IE, cause Firefox works just fine.
It also happens without having inserted an image in the text.

Any more ideas ?

More
14 years 6 months ago #79538 by jeanette hustad
hehehe, funny:-) Yes Simon, that would be great!