Keyword

k2fields - providing you additional extra fields and extended select

• Gobezu Sewu
  • Gobezu Sewu's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79599 by Gobezu Sewu
Download and more instructions here.Features:
date/datetime using Joomla's widget (old and ugly but it's Joomla:s and it works)
pre-configured validated input fields for alpha, alphanum, number, real, integer, email, url
if those are not enough use your own regular expression
construct a list of the above field types and you can limit the number of elements in the list
a list can be conditioned, meaning one would be able to provide other than the value a description of the value stated (ex. if you have a price field with a list of 3 values and the varying prices have a number of conditions associated, such as, 1 night: 150USD, > 1night but < 1week: 120USD, > 1 week: 100USD)
list conditions can be simple text fields or select lists (values of which you will provide)

In addition we have nuked the existing select list so that:
users can add values to the list
values added can be made available for all users or only to the user adding the value

Please do post your questions in this thread and I will try to respond as much as I get time to do so.Please note that:
Be aware that k2fields have yet not been used on any production/live website and is still under development, but have of course been developed and now made available as a fully functional plugin. So be advised and make necessary testing before using it in production.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gobezu Sewu
More
14 years 6 months ago #79600 by Gobezu Sewu
okay, there are a couple of issues i just uncovered and will update as soon its solved

• Gobezu Sewu
More
14 years 6 months ago #79601 by Gobezu Sewu
a version with various bugfixes and also an option allowing you to block submission if extra fields are invalid is now available for download from the link in the initial post

More
14 years 6 months ago #79602 by Tamas Darvas
hi, I tried to install your plugin after a fresh J! 1.5.15 + K2 v2.2 + K2 hu lang extension.
got this error during install:
JInstaller::install: A(z) '/home/darvat/public_html/hasznalt-motor.com/tmp/install_4b8c2d24c5e0c/k2fields/index.html' file does not exist

Gobezu Sewu said:a version with various bugfixes and also an option allowing you to block submission if extra fields are invalid is now available for download from the link in the initial post

More
14 years 6 months ago #79603 by Jonathan Heath
Thanks Gobezu, looks really good. Unfortunately I can't get it to install - unable to find xml file when using the standard Joomla installer

• Gobezu Sewu
More
14 years 6 months ago #79604 by Gobezu Sewu
fellow k2ists, thanks for the feedback, a maintenance update with the above issues addressed is uploaded

• Gobezu Sewu
More
14 years 6 months ago #79605 by Gobezu Sewu
documentation is now updated with better description of the various options and example of the configuration of the extra fields that renders the form (the picture) in the initial posting

More
14 years 6 months ago #79606 by FeSys
" Gobezu Sewu" You Rock ..
Brilliant Idea.. I do love it.
It show many possibilities & huge expectation when combined into K2.
I guess this must be at Core K2 (with your copyrights..).
Go ahead. Thanks for your share.

• Gobezu Sewu
More
14 years 6 months ago #79607 by Gobezu Sewu
@Followeyes thanks. The issue I see is that it might be difficult for the common K2 user, but given the current setup of K2 we don't really have that much more to play with, at least afaics it, but of course if included in K2 there is a lot more one can do in terms of user-friendliness

More
14 years 6 months ago #79608 by FeSys
" Gobezu Sewu" thanks for reply..
If possible to guide us with one Example to follow your idea.
I visited your website (nice by the way).. and didn't figure out how to make it work.. even I copied these:
k2f---valid=datetime:::low=+0:::high=+3:::required=true---Datum
k2f---block=true:::valid=number:::interval=[200,10000]:::list=conditional:::listmax=5---Text test
k2f---editable=true---Zembela
k2f---valid=number:::interval=[200,10000]:::list=conditional:::listmax=5:::conditions=Daily%%Weekly%%Monthly%
%Yearly---Rent
Thank you.
Gobezu Sewu said:@Followeyes thanks. The issue I see is that it might be difficult for the common K2 user, but given the current setup of K2 we don't really have that much more to play with, at least afaics it, but of course if included in K2 there is a lot more one can do in terms of user-friendliness