Keyword

can we add extra fields to the user registration form?

• Tamas Darvas
  • Tamas Darvas's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79646 by Tamas Darvas
as the title shows: can we add extra fields to the user registration form?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79647 by Gobezu Sewu
not as core k2 functionality but it is possible and depends on how badly you want it as it means a k2 core hack is required

look at the system plugin for k2 onAfterDispatch and the corresponding db table #__k2_users accommodating your additional fields

More
14 years 4 months ago #79648 by Peter Fosenbauer
Replied by Peter Fosenbauer on topic can we add extra fields to the user registration form?
Where do i find the system plugin for k2 onAfterDispatch? Sorry, I'm new to k2

More
14 years 4 months ago #79649 by Peter Fosenbauer
Replied by Peter Fosenbauer on topic can we add extra fields to the user registration form?
Never mind, i find it...it's the event name not the plugin name. K2 is a nice component, the more I'm surprised that not only you can't create custom fields for users, but this one seems to have less use (for me anyway) than the joomla default one. Are you considering to create something like that? I'm sure that's the reason so many people are desperately waiting for joomla 1.6, but that is still far away to be used on production sites.

Peter Fosenbauer said:Where do i find the system plugin for k2 onAfterDispatch? Sorry, I'm new to k2

More
14 years 4 months ago #79650 by Peter Fosenbauer
Peter Fosenbauer said:Never mind, i found it...it's the event name not the plugin name. K2 is a nice component, the more I'm surprised that not only you can't create custom fields for users, but this one seems to have less use (for me anyway) than the joomla default one. Are you considering to create something like that? I'm sure that's the reason so many people are desperately waiting for joomla 1.6, but that is still far away to be used on production sites.Custom Groups are a very nice feature, but without being able to customize the user info, seems like the groups are missing the point. Peter Fosenbauer said:Where do i find the system plugin for k2 onAfterDispatch? Sorry, I'm new to k2

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #79651 by german
Yes, is a little complicated task... but is possible, you must install this plugin
"User Extended Fields for K2" and then change the parameters of the plugin in order to add your own fields...

More
13 years 9 months ago #79652 by Arvind Sah
Hi,

I am using K2 User Extra Field but it is gives result with render html field with table and other things..from where we can control those html tags..

I need control above html table:

<table cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="paramlist admintable"><tbody><tr><td width="40%" class="paramlist_key"><span class="editlinktip"> </span></td><td class="paramlist_value"> <div style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding: 4px; margin: 0pt; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(11, 85, 196);"> Contact Details </div> </td></tr><tr><td width="40%" class="paramlist_key"><span class="editlinktip"><label for="pluginsuserExtendedFieldsaddress" id="pluginsuserExtendedFieldsaddress-lbl">Address</label></span></td><td class="paramlist_value"><input type="text" size="40" class="text_area" value="" id="pluginsuserExtendedFieldsaddress" name="plugins[userExtendedFieldsaddress]"></td></tr><tr><td width="40%" class="paramlist_key"><span class="editlinktip"><label for="pluginsuserExtendedFieldscity" id="pluginsuserExtendedFieldscity-lbl">City</label></span></td><td class="paramlist_value"><input type="text" size="40" class="text_area" value="" id="pluginsuserExtendedFieldscity" name="plugins[userExtendedFieldscity]"></td></tr><tr><td width="40%" class="paramlist_key"><span class="editlinktip"><label for="pluginsuserExtendedFieldsstateOrProvince" id="pluginsuserExtendedFieldsstateOrProvince-lbl">State or Province</label></span></td><td class="paramlist_value"><input type="text" size="40" class="text_area" value="" id="pluginsuserExtendedFieldsstateOrProvince" name="plugins[userExtendedFieldsstateOrProvince]"></td></tr></tbody></table>

Germán de Souza said:

Yes, is a little complicated task... but is possible, you must install this plugin "User Extended Fields for K2" and then change the parameters of the plugin in order to add your own fields...