Keyword

Other Item Links In Categories

• bushie
  • bushie's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79691 by bushie
Other Item Links In Categories was created by bushie
As a new user to K2, I'm still coming to grips with a complete mindset change. But I will stick at it!I have run into a problem however on my first site. It's not large and is presently on my localhost, so I can't share the link I'm afraid. Due to the size of the site, it seemed a perfect opportunity to "get my feet wet" with K2.The site is for the sale of a product and I have set up a category name "Product" under which some relevant items have been placed.  At this stage I have an item for Affiliates, Affiliate Codes and two download pages. One of the download pages is for PayPal purchases and one for Clickbank.The problem I've run into is the display of the Download pages on the Affiliate page listed at the bottom of the article and titled "More In This Category".  Obviously I don't want these pages displayed anywhere as links as the downloads are only available to purchasers of the product.Surely there must be a switch to turn this display off, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'm sure there would be many other occasions where links to other pages in a category would not be desirable.Yes, I can get around it by creating an Affiliate category, but I would like to solve this for future reference as well as the current issue.Can someone direct me to where this switch is please?Cheers,Ric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bushie
  • bushie's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79692 by bushie
Replied by bushie on topic Other Item Links In Categories
I'm not used to replying to myself, but I found the offending culprit. I'll post it here in case there are some other blind people operating K2... :-)

Under Category, in Item View Options, there is a switch to turn off Item Navigation.

All fixed!

Cheers,

More
13 years 9 months ago #79693 by NorthernLights
Replied by NorthernLights on topic Other Item Links In Categories
Thanks for posting this. I'd been searching for hours trying to find this, and was just about to delete the code from my template when I found your post. Joy! :)