Keyword

K2 - default user group - registration problem

• Dzodzo Action
  • Dzodzo Action's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #79713 by Dzodzo Action
K2 - default user group - registration problem was created by Dzodzo Action
Hi Gurus,      I`m using K2 ver. 2.2  and since few hours I`m trying to setup default user group for new register users. It doesnt work at all or I`m doing something wrong. Could You please tell me how to setup K2, that each new registered user will be store in (for example) group : K2 New Registered.Right now I have this:Registration
> Joomla registered groupWould be nice to have:Registration
> K2 New RegisteredIs it possible to setup ? (the problem is that each new user should be imported from Joomla group to K2....its annoying)cheersDlugasxxp.s. sorry for my english

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dzodzo Action
More
14 years 7 months ago #79714 by Dzodzo Action
Replied by Dzodzo Action on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
who can help me ?

More
14 years 7 months ago #79715 by Cristi Mardare
Replied by Cristi Mardare on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
Are you using the default registration form, or another module? I have the same problem and I'm using CB registration form because it is more suitable for my site. If I'm switching to default joomla registration form the new user is set to Registered in k2.

Anyone can help?

More
14 years 7 months ago #79716 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
It may comes from the plugins order.

If one plugin intercepts the registration event before the other and redirect to another page, the other plugin has no effect.

I'm checking that.

Olivier

More
14 years 7 months ago #79717 by Cristi Mardare
Replied by Cristi Mardare on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
Thanks for your interest in our problem.
If you need any help in testing a solution please don't hesitate to contact me. I have some knowledge in php and I'm not an absolute beginner in Jommla.

Olivier Nolbert said:It may comes from the plugins order.
If one plugin intercepts the registration event before the other and redirect to another page, the other plugin has no effect.

I'm checking that.

Olivier

• Dzodzo Action
More
14 years 7 months ago #79718 by Dzodzo Action
Replied by Dzodzo Action on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
I`m using Alpharegistration component. How to secure default joomla registration form ? It seems that K2 doesnt work correctly with Alpharegistration component.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79719 by Rüdiger Keßler
Replied by Rüdiger Keßler on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
Ahoy!

I have the same problem but I know at least that is is caused by using a different registration form - the one provided by CB (community builder).

First I thought it would be just fine to let a newly registered user re-save his account data from the K2-Login (NOT the CB login). I mean, this seems to be exactly what happens when I edit the user in admin backend and save it without any changes. But in the end I had to find out that this does not happen when editing access data in frontend.

When I take a look at DB-Table #__k2_users I can see that the new user hasn'T any record there at all (no wonder, how should he?). Although a login with the new user data works fine, no matter which login module or component I use.

Now, for I won't mind to let my users register with CB but login with K2, my first-shot suggestion would be to let the K2 login check the DB table of there exists a fitting record for this user who just signs in - creates/inserts one and if it doesn't. Know what I mean?
I think this should work just fine and would probably solve a lot of problems when using both, CB and K2 (which is, btw, a great combo fo 2 REALLY GREAT components).

Regards, Me

Olivier Nolbert said:It may comes from the plugins order. If one plugin intercepts the registration event before the other and redirect to another page, the other plugin has no effect.

I'm checking that.

Olivier

More
14 years 1 month ago #79720 by natecovington
Replied by natecovington on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
In K2 parameters, there is a setting that says "Enable K2 User Profile" - you want this to be "Yes" - otherwise, it looks like K2 doesn't assign the user into the default K2 group.

• GENERAL GRAPHICS sprl
More
13 years 11 months ago #79721 by GENERAL GRAPHICS sprl
Replied by GENERAL GRAPHICS sprl on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
Hi Dlugas

I have the same issue - K2 (latest version ) seems to be unable to assign automatically a user group to a new registration neither synchronize joomla new registered to K2 - did you found a solution ?

Thanks for your answer

Philippe

More
13 years 10 months ago #79722 by Milan Markovic
Replied by Milan Markovic on topic K2 - default user group - registration problem
I have the same problem. Using Alpharegistration, K2 login enabled, dafualt Joomla login disabled.
Any Idea?