Keyword

Image extra field type

• jamesrward
  • jamesrward's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79734 by jamesrward
Image extra field type was created by jamesrward
Hi All,I am working on my first K2 based site and have come over from Drupal CCK.Most of the defaults for K2 have been ok but I have run into a snag as I would like to add 1 extra image to a set of items.My site is a RV dealership and I would like each Item to have the main image of the outside of the RV, plus a photo gallery of the inside of the RV, AND an image of the floor-plan.  I do not want the floor-plan to be part of the image gallery.Is there no plugin to create and Image extra field type?  I have done some searching and can't seem to find one but it seems very odd to me that this would not be available.Thank in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jamesrward
  • jamesrward's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79735 by jamesrward
Replied by jamesrward on topic Image extra field type
Seriously, no one has ever needed more than one image per item using K2? I'm the only one?

More
13 years 9 months ago #79736 by ocean1
Replied by ocean1 on topic Image extra field type
Yes, I need an extra image field.

I want 1 image on the left site of my article and 1 image on the right site of the article.

Is there another way to make this posible

More
13 years 2 months ago #79737 by gugabm
Replied by gugabm on topic Image extra field type
I beleive its the best suggestion until now. Thanks and congratulation.

But what about selecting an image from de midia directory?

More
13 years 2 months ago #79738 by gugabm
Replied by gugabm on topic Image extra field type
I think I created a Solution. It´s limited, but, maybe someone can improve later. I edited the code of the editor at \administrator\components\com_k2\ lib\ nicEdit.js. My intention was to modify the way the extraField incorporates images so I could include an image from the Joomla´s midia directory. I changed it at line 92: where was written txt:"URL",value:"http://" I changed to txt:"File Name",value:"images/stories/". Then I had a little trouble: If I write "../images/stories" the images appear on the editor but not in the site. With "images/stories/". they appear on the site... but not in the editor. The solution was to edit the CSS of the editor at administrator\templates\khepri\CSS\general and include this: table#extraFields.admintable img { border: 1px solid black;height: 100px; width: 100px; padding: 30px; margin:10px;background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEEEEE;}.The image itself  won´t be shown on the editor but will create a square to locate it, specially if you dont forget to include a text in the ALT tag. Well, that´s what I´ve got by now...