Keyword

Template Problems

• Marty Peet
  • Marty Peet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #79759 by Marty Peet
Template Problems was created by Marty Peet
Hi, I'm just beginning to implement some templates for my sites layout. I have created the correct folder structure and copied all php files into my new template folder (named programs). When I am in the k2 dashboard, my template folder is listed in the Select a template drop down and I have selected my new template applying it to one of my categories and saved that setting. I have initially created a new layout using the category_item.php. I have tested the changes and they are being applied. I have created inserted a heading in the php file that identifies this file as being used by k2. I then moved on to creating a new layout using the item.php file. Upon testing this file I have noted that the item.php file being referenced is the one in the default folder, not my template folder. I have copied the item.php file from my default folder to my new template folder and added a line in it to identify this page, it still references the item.php file from my default folder (this is the default folder I've copied from the components folder to my templates folder) Has anyone got any thoughts/ideas/reason for this happening? Thx in advance for any assistance....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty Peet
  • Marty Peet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #79760 by Marty Peet
Replied by Marty Peet on topic Template Problems
Should probably make this question less involved? Why will my template NOT apply the item.php file that is inside it's folder? It DEFINITELY applies the category.php and category_item.php files. Both of these files are referenced at the menu link, the item.php isn't used until I click on the readmore link from the Category Item view area... any thoughts, anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.