Keyword

Can/how to use K2 to accomplish this

• leeburstroghm
  • leeburstroghm's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79812 by leeburstroghm
Can/how to use K2 to accomplish this was created by leeburstroghm
I have the requirement to duplicate the functionality of a business directory located herehttp://www.boiseonlinemall.com/My issue that I have come across is how to get a business to come up in multiple categories and also in a potential featured spot, under the category description and then another optional sopt open under the sub category navigation.I could probably figure out how to make extra fileds that represent each spot for each category but this would not be dynamic. no way to facilitate for new categories that might be added. I think tags is the way to go, but I would need to be able to grab an item with php in the template, for that section being viewed. is there a list of available parameters to the template?This is a big cat to skin. the advertisements are no real big deal. the featuring of a business is where I am trying to wrap my head around k2, to see if K2 will be able to handle this with it being easy enough for the customer to use and update.thanks for ANY ideas and help. I know joomla, I am new to K2 A module that grabs content by tags would be freaking awesome!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leeburstroghm
More
14 years 6 months ago #79813 by leeburstroghm
Replied by leeburstroghm on topic Can/how to use K2 to accomplish this
I think that using the sub templates, and then creating php to call items from the current category that has these tags would be the way to do this.

How do I retrieve items with specific tags with the template??

• leeburstroghm
More
14 years 6 months ago #79814 by leeburstroghm
Replied by leeburstroghm on topic Can/how to use K2 to accomplish this
Also, because allt he categories and navigation are not actual menu joomla menu items, how do I , can I, assign modules to a specific category?

If that is not possible, how do I retrieve k2 out put, like the category list in the template? is that possible.
I just done know enough about K2 yet. I hope K2 is capable of doing all this?