Keyword

After Adding A bulk amount of data via phpmyadmin add new item brings up error

• Mickey Perre
  • Mickey Perre's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79936 by Mickey Perre
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49 bytes) in index/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 462

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79937 by Simon Wells
Hi Mickey,

Seems by the error message that this is a problem with your database and not K2.
I would suggest that your restore your database to before the bulk upload.
Recheck your upload file for errors, consider importing in the data in two smaller batches.

I would consult the documentation for mysql, check the mysql forums or speak with your host company.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Georgi Borislavov Petkov
More
13 years 7 months ago #79938 by Georgi Borislavov Petkov
Hello Friends,

I have same problem but the file in error is diferent:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3600 bytes) in /home/martinet/public_html/design/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 2947

I open this file fith code editor but didn't see eny memory limiti in line 2947

Can you help me?

More
13 years 7 months ago #79939 by Terry Britton
This is a php error. I forget what the default is, but I think it's 32MB memory usage per php program. Check with your hosting provider and find out how you can change php.ini. You need to add the following line, which will increase the memory usage to 64MB. This can often happen with large databases. If you don't have a large database you have some other problem causing the excess memory usage.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

• Georgi Borislavov Petkov
More
13 years 7 months ago #79940 by Georgi Borislavov Petkov
Thank you for response.

I recieve this error only when I upload rotated images. I download horizontal image, rotate it in vertical and when I upload I see this error. If i do not rotate rotate image everithing is O.K.

Terry A Britton said:

This is a php error. I forget what the default is, but I think it's 32MB memory usage per php program. Check with your hosting provider and find out how you can change php.ini. You need to add the following line, which will increase the memory usage to 64MB. This can often happen with large databases. If you don't have a large database you have some other problem causing the excess memory usage.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

More
13 years 7 months ago #79941 by Terry Britton
That makes sense that you're using a lot of memory when doing that. Make the change and the error will go away.