Keyword

Category in frontpage

• Antonio
  • Antonio's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80082 by Antonio
Category in frontpage was created by Antonio
I created a menu ponting to a K2 category blog and selected all categories. In "featured", I set "show only featured items". Them, I set this menu as default. As I waitting for, no matter the category I put an item, it will apeears in joomla frontpage if I set it "featured". The problem:  there are some modules that must appears ONLY in the frontpage (banner, for example).In the frontpage, the banner apears, and the "before" part of the featured items too. But if I click in an item link (in the title), the page opens WITH the banner too. How can I fix that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80083 by mahmoud
Replied by mahmoud on topic Category in frontpage
i have the same problem

More
14 years 2 months ago #80084 by Nilesh Toshniwal
Replied by Nilesh Toshniwal on topic Category in frontpage
Antonio

Whats your exact problem is,
1. as you said you have chosen all categories, so you mean you want to show all featured k2 items on front page (If i didn't understand it wrongly), if so so its true any item you set as featured will be shown on front page.

2. the problem with banner module, so its usually by default with any joomla extension to keep the item id with its links, if they dont do so, you will get your first page with all modules and all other pages without modules, not sure if this trick can work for you in k2, but it works in joomla's default com_conent (article manager component), so the idea is,

Create a whole new menu in joomla menu manager, and whenever you set an item as featured create a new item for that k2 item in that new menu, and edit banner module to make sure its not enabled for new menu item you created.

hope this can help you.