Keyword

Search not finding K2 items

• Michael Bond
  • Michael Bond's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80129 by Michael Bond
Search not finding K2 items was created by Michael Bond
I'm lost trying to fix an issue I have with a new site that I am building.  In short, search will not find certain key words that I have included in the K2 items that I have created.  Originally I thought it must have been something where I corrupted the site.  Since I just started building the site last week I deleted the site and I have rebuilt it from scratch this morning.  Unfortunately I still have the same problem.

Here's the site I am working on:  64.78.31.57/

And here are some key words that I cannot search for and find, even though they are clearly in the articles on the front page:

-bluewater

-learning

-content

-management

-strategy

Two things to note:

1.  I have 3 different search modules on the frontpage.  Top is the standard Joomla module, Middle is the Pixsearch AJAX module (which I would prefer to use) and bottoom is the K2 Tools search module.

2.  I have created a standard Joomla article named "Test Content"  that I am using to confirm that search is actually working.  As you will see the standard Joomla search module and the Pixsearch modules find all of the above worlds in my test content.  However they do not find them in the K2 items.  The K2 Tools search box doesn't seem to find much of anything.

The crazy thing is that I have another site I am working on where search finds everything I want it to in the K2 articles I am publishing.  That site uses a different hosting provider and it is Windows, instead of Linux; but I can't see why that would make a difference.

Any suggestions for what I should troubleshoot?  I'm happy to let one of the K2 team into my site if that helps me to resolve the issue.  Just let me know what you think.

Otherwise I love K2!

Thanks.

Michael 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Bond
More
14 years 6 months ago #80130 by Michael Bond
Replied by Michael Bond on topic Search not finding K2 items
Further information for consideration. In extensive troubleshooting I have done this week it appears that whenever I permanently delete an item (article) from K2 this somehow corrupts the search index. While I can still search on text within the body of items, any word that is included in an item title does not return any results.

Unfortunately I have been able to duplicate this several times as I have rebuilt my site from scratch about 5 times this week. I wasn't till yesterday that I finally figured out how to work around the problem, just don't delete items in K2!

Please let mw know if you can duplicate the problem and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Michael

More
14 years 6 months ago #80131 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Search not finding K2 items
Michael, I just tested the link above and some of the key words you specified.

K2Joom created a guide for search, find it here.

There is an issue with K2 search, which uses the com_search for Joomla anyway, but the result is formatted different.
RokAjaxSearch has been tested and is working with K2.

There is also a fix to remove the tix boxes, how many of your visitors know or care about searching for categories, K2 items or Joomla articles?

Have read, post some feedback.

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Michael Bond
More
14 years 6 months ago #80132 by Michael Bond
Replied by Michael Bond on topic Search not finding K2 items
Simon,

The reason you can find the key words in a search right now is because of the troubleshooting I did last week. There were several days between my original post and my second post. Anyway, after rebuilding my site about 5 times I finally got to the point where I understand how to make the desired search results available. The key is not delete any content in K2, ever. So far that works.

I can tell you the steps to replicate the problem if you are interested.

Anyway, thats for the search guide. I will read through it and see what I find.

Michael

More
14 years 6 months ago #80133 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Search not finding K2 items
Thanks Michael,

To be honest, deleting items is not the issue, well, it makes no effect to K2Joom as we regulary create test items for clients, then delete afterwards.

I would suggest to try using K2 search from V2.1 as that has also been proven to work.
Official bug fix requests have been submitted.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

Michael Bond said:Simon,
The reason you can find the key words in a search right now is because of the troubleshooting I did last week. There were several days between my original post and my second post. Anyway, after rebuilding my site about 5 times I finally got to the point where I understand how to make the desired search results available. The key is not delete any content in K2, ever. So far that works.

I can tell you the steps to replicate the problem if you are interested.

Anyway, thats for the search guide. I will read through it and see what I find.

Michael

More
14 years 5 months ago #80134 by Mak Yiu Wah
Replied by Mak Yiu Wah on topic Search not finding K2 items
Hi there,

I had posted in another forum that I cannot search K2 for anyting in "traditional Chinese". That's the reason I stopped using K2.

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Regards,

Seth

More
14 years 4 months ago #80135 by IRIS LIU
Replied by IRIS LIU on topic Search not finding K2 items
Hi, I worked with K2 V2.2, and replaced K2 search plugin with the V2.0 version's , then I used the Joomla default search module, it worked well!

Try it!

• GENERAL GRAPHICS sprl
More
13 years 10 months ago #80136 by GENERAL GRAPHICS sprl
Replied by GENERAL GRAPHICS sprl on topic Search not finding K2 items
Hi Denis

Search works in 2.3, finds the item title and the root category but not the nested category

I suppose this is a bug...

Denis said:Hi,
The search works but I cannot get the searched item title as well as the category that belongs.
So I don't have the links to go to the page..:-(
Any ideas?

P.S. All the parameters have been set correctly to show the items title