Keyword

K@ CSS in Joomlashack Inspiron template

• Bethany Amborn
  • Bethany Amborn's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80165 by Bethany Amborn
K@ CSS in Joomlashack Inspiron template was created by Bethany Amborn
I use the Inspiron template and just installed the K2 component on Joomla 1.5. I found reference to this template having existing CSS for K2, but so far I am not seeing it. I am not sure where to look, or how to get this to apply. When I disable the K2 CSS it looks horrible. Any help would be appreciated, I don't really want to have to go rebuild the CSS in K2 if it's already integrated with this template somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80166 by jsolis
Replied by jsolis on topic K@ CSS in Joomlashack Inspiron template
I found this on the rocketheme intructions to k2. It may help you:

In order for K2 to inherit the styling from the template, and have the same appearance as the demo, you will need to go to Admin → Components → K2. Select Parameters from the button menu in the upper right of the administrator, and set Enable K2 base CSS to No then save.

More
14 years 5 months ago #80167 by Frants Combrink
Replied by Frants Combrink on topic K@ CSS in Joomlashack Inspiron template
Do you mean setting "K2 default CSS" to Disable? Reason I'm asking is because I can't find "K2 Base CSS" in the parameters?

This is just for clarity in case some members are completely new to Joomla and K2 and who might think something is wrong if they don't find "K2 base CSS"

Happy trails

• Bethany Amborn
  • Bethany Amborn's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #80168 by Bethany Amborn
Replied by Bethany Amborn on topic K@ CSS in Joomlashack Inspiron template
Hi there. I actually did this, and the formatting went all disgusting. This just tells me that the classes needed for the K2 elements do not exist in the Inspiron template CSS. According to Joomlashack this is not available for the new version of K2 in Inspiron, only in their new template. So... I will have to wait for Joomlashack to update this or go in and make the K2 CSS match.

jsolis said:I found this on the rocketheme intructions to k2. It may help you:
In order for K2 to inherit the styling from the template, and have the same appearance as the demo, you will need to go to Admin → Components → K2. Select Parameters from the button menu in the upper right of the administrator, and set Enable K2 base CSS to No then save.