Keyword

front page articles

• GoHost4U.com
  • GoHost4U.com's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80194 by GoHost4U.com
front page articles was created by GoHost4U.com
Hi
Is there a way to get K2 articles or a Category to be on the front page instead of having the standard Joomla frontgae manager.

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80195 by dantien
Replied by dantien on topic front page articles
I tried to look for this, but could not find it.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80196 by igmuska
Replied by igmuska on topic front page articles
I have the same question.
But when I thought about it, remembering that during the K2 installation, there was an option to import current sections, categories and articles to K2. Then if I wanted to add content to the front page, I'd have to also copy the content to K2 but then if you click the "read more" link, you'd clickjump to the non-K2 content, which is not what I wanted to show.
I think they are working on adding this back to K2 as there was an option to use a K2 frontpage blog layout as an menu item.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80197 by dantien
Replied by dantien on topic front page articles
To get a category on the first page, i made the category and put items in it. Then i changed my home on the main menu and put the k2 category there instead. But that was after importing all items in to k2.

• GoHost4U.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #80198 by GoHost4U.com
Replied by GoHost4U.com on topic front page articles
Thanks for the replies....I too found a solution...

Basically as was said either change the main menu or create a new one but making this default...Its the "default" part that takes initial page view to that menu item so you can retain your main menus and just create a new menu then make this the default, set columns etc as you want and thats it.

Cheers

Example...

www.villassanjose.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #80199 by igmuska
Replied by igmuska on topic front page articles
As I just recently installed K2 on my development server, I am now beginning to understand on how to properly use K2. I was thinking about Joomla as menus and modules, but not so much as content. While having modules and menus give more depth to a Joomla website, the count-if php block gets old fast. By improving content management, K2 really does just throw out the window the need for the frontpage blog layout menu item. In K2, any content category or item or whatever fits ones fancy can be the home page. This is just so awesome.

• GoHost4U.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #80200 by GoHost4U.com
Replied by GoHost4U.com on topic front page articles
Igmuska

As you can see from my site I use almost entirely K2 for content/menus etc..Ironic to say but maybe theres a question to be asked "why dont we use Drupal" But having the extras that Joomla provides does give us flexibility.

My hosting allows for Drupal, Wordpress and Joomla from 1 click installs on unlimited subdomains so maybe I'll try the others out...By the way cheapest hosting of its type..£1/month unlimited everything... www.gohost4u.com Not advertised but they give the Gold package for the price of bronze BUT you have to push them to get it!