Keyword

Cristo Rey Jesuit

• Mark E Bazin
  • Mark E Bazin's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80229 by Mark E Bazin
Cristo Rey Jesuit was created by Mark E Bazin
Just wanted to chime-in with my K2-powered site:  www.cristoreyjesuit.org
A year ago, I designed the site using Joomla, and a modified template from RocketTheme.  About three months ago, I began looking at redesigning the site.  I was looking for something that was easier to update, and generally worked "better" than the out-of-the-box Joomla install.  I spent some time playing around with Wordpress, and then looked at maybe doing a total redesign of the site . . . in the end, I decided to give K2 a shot and I've been pretty happy with it.  I figure I'll re-evaluate the CMS situation when Joomla 1.6 comes out.  Until then, I'm going to stick with K2.

I'm just using K2 for the news section -- I've turned off a lot of the features like comments and ratings.  I did a lot of tweaking/editing to the CSS and PHP to match what I was looking for.  The big thing I'm struggling with now is that I'd like to find a better news rotator for the front page.  I'm waiting to see what else becomes integrated with K2 -- right now, nothing was quite what I was looking for, so I'm sticking with RokTabs.

Other than that, just wanted to say "THANKS!" for such a great Joomla component.  I'm really, really glad I made the move to K2, and I can't wait to see more and more sites using it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80230 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic Cristo Rey Jesuit
" Mark E Bazin", This very Cool.
I like most:
- The overall design.
- How you deal with K2.
- Tabs work very smooth.
- Video Modals and Pop ups are light and nice.
- Your C.V and website content is well done.
Thanks for sharing your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.