Keyword

Problem using Google maps in K2

• Lorne VanSinclair
  • Lorne VanSinclair's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80412 by Lorne VanSinclair
Problem using Google maps in K2 was created by Lorne VanSinclair
I am using the Google Maps plug-in in several K2 items, it works fine except the marker and slider are not transparent, so the marker is useless as it blocks out a good portion of the map. I get the same problem in IE7 and Firefox but the map (markers and all) works perfectly in a standard Joomla article. I've been told it appears to be a JS conflict in K2 and I should try this forum. I posted this in the Bugs Report forum but now it's gone so I guess I put in in the wrong place. Anybody have any ideas? Page with the non-transparent slider can be seen at www.vibrations.ca/wesellorilliacms/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=32:city-of-orillia&Itemid=21. A working page is at www.vibrations.ca/wesellorilliacms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=25.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80413 by Liam Heppell
Replied by Liam Heppell on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem on a site I am currently working on. The marker and any controls always have a 'block' around them where transparancy isnt working.

Another (related, i assume) issue is that whilst the mapping is displaying as it should in map and satellite mode, when you set it to hybrid mode, I am getting the road layout but no satellite imagery underneath.

I've tried a number of components/plug-ins including googleMaps_v1.5.13, plugin_googlemap2 and Phoca Maps. All have the same affect when I try to load from within a K2 article - all work fine when in a standard joomla item.

Any thoughts guys?

Liam

More
14 years 6 months ago #80414 by Takalani Radali
Replied by Takalani Radali on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
Same problem here. I have resorted to using normal joomla articles for pages with maps.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80415 by strummsteel
Replied by strummsteel on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
Any fix developers? making this work natively for K2 would be perfect.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80416 by strummsteel
Replied by strummsteel on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
I managed to fix this problem by editing the k2 css file from

div.itemFullText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;}

to

div.itemFullText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;border:1px solid #ccc;}

• Lorne VanSinclair
More
14 years 6 months ago #80417 by Lorne VanSinclair
Replied by Lorne VanSinclair on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
That looks good Darell, I'll try it, do you remember the line number in the css file?

Darell Sison said:I managed to fix this problem by editing the k2 css file from
div.itemFullText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;}

to

div.itemFullText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;border:1px solid #ccc;}

More
14 years 6 months ago #80418 by bushie
Replied by bushie on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
I've been watching this thread with interest. Nice to see some possible progress.

Would someone care to elaborate on which particular Google Maps extension is being used as there are quite a number in the JED.

Cheers,

Ric

• Lorne VanSinclair
More
14 years 6 months ago #80419 by Lorne VanSinclair
Replied by Lorne VanSinclair on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
I found the line - 156 in k2.css and it worked. Great, thanks Darell. The plug-in question was answered a while back, it's just called Googlemaps plug-in, demo page is at tech.reumer.net/ but it seems this problem is will all the plug-ins.

More
14 years 5 months ago #80420 by Samuel Strickland
Replied by Samuel Strickland on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
THANK YOU Darrell Sison...!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried the JS conflict route with no success, the only fix I've found so far was the CSS suggested by Darrell.

@Ric Raftis - the plugin is here extensions.joomla.org/extensions/1147/details

Really great plugin, you can link it to .kml files and customize just like the standard GoogleMapsapi.

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #80421 by Nick Texidor
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic Problem using Google maps in K2
I've just found this thread AFTER I discovered the 'fix' for this via a bit of CSSEdit work... however, in addition to the change mentioned in this thread, you may want to consider both the following, changes depending on how you use the maps:

Change
Line 158: div.itemFullText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;}
To
Line 158: div.itemFullText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;border:1px solid #ccc;}

And change
Line 352: div.catItemIntroText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;}
To
Line 352: div.catItemIntroText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;border:1px solid #ccc;}

I'm not using the Google Map plugin, preferring to use the K2 Maps plugin which only produces static maps. However, I've been developing a module for K2 to go with the K2 Maps plugin, which I'm basing on the ContentMap module. The idea is that it will dynamically take all the co-ordinates entered for a selected category and display markers on the map. I've just got a working version together, which you can see in action on www.gatorglob.com, but I'll tidy it all up and make it available soon!

All the best
Nick