Keyword

How to...

• dantien
  • dantien's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80455 by dantien
How to... was created by dantien
There is some how tos that i was wondering about and i did not find any answers on the forum or on the video tutorials. how to add items from the front page.How to get articles made in k2 to show on front page without displaying items as modules.How to set add set up extra fields on the registration form...Is there any where here i can find some nice reading about how to do things in K2 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80456 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic How to...
how to add items from the front page.
You have to install the K2 login module. The "Add new item" link comes with that module.

How to get articles made in k2 to show on front page without displaying items as modules.
You have to make the first item on your Main Menu a K2 itemlist using category or tag. You must also remember to make it the default for that menu (select the check box next to the menu item and click the yellow star on the top right side that says "Default")

How to set add set up extra fields on the registration form...
The Extra fields are for use in articles, not for an extended user registration... but I think that would be a nice idea.

Is there any where here i can find some nice reading about how to do things in K2 ?
One of the forum regulars has started documentation about K2. You can find it on his web site at k2joom.com

This should keep you busy for a while. Good luck!

• dantien
  • dantien's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80457 by dantien
Replied by dantien on topic How to...
Thanks a lot for the answers. will check it out... will be busy for a while...hehe :)

piperchick said:how to add items from the front page. You have to install the K2 login module. The "Add new item" link comes with that module.

How to get articles made in k2 to show on front page without displaying items as modules.
You have to make the first item on your Main Menu a K2 itemlist using category or tag. You must also remember to make it the default for that menu (select the check box next to the menu item and click the yellow star on the top right side that says "Default")

How to set add set up extra fields on the registration form...
The Extra fields are for use in articles, not for an extended user registration... but I think that would be a nice idea.

Is there any where here i can find some nice reading about how to do things in K2 ?
One of the forum regulars has started documentation about K2. You can find it on his web site at k2joom.com

This should keep you busy for a while. Good luck!