Keyword

Orphaned Category - Was deleted, still showing up in category select

• Bryan Smith
  • Bryan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #80491 by Bryan Smith
I've got a category that was deleted but it is still showing up in the category select on item edit pages.any ideas on what I can do?Users are creating articles and assigning them to this category, even though the category doesn't exist when looking at the category tab on admin.Using Joomla 1.5.14K2 2.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #80492 by Young Lee
I have the similar problem.

I created and deleted a category.  Then I had to create it again.

Now when creating a menu item and trying to select the category, I see both the 'orphaned' and the proper.  Is there a way to clean out the one that is orphaned?

Thanks.

Joomla 1.5.22

K2. v2.4.1

More
13 years 8 months ago #80493 by bunglehaze
I had a load of them, the only way I found was to delete them in phpmyadmin (database)

cheers

leigh

More
13 years 8 months ago #80494 by Olivier Karfis
Hi.

The key is that you have to do it twice!  

When you select an article or a category and Trash it, it only moves it to the Trash, it does not really delete it.  To completely remove them from the system, you need to switch your view from "Current" to "Trashed", then select the article/category again and hit "Delete".

Took me a while to notice that too.  Also, you will not be able to completely delete a category until all the items in that category are trashed AND deleted.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com