Keyword

Front End Article Submission?

• Nicolas Morin
  • Nicolas Morin's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80495 by Nicolas Morin
Front End Article Submission? was created by Nicolas Morin
First of all, this component is great! So I'm looking for how to submit article in front end, since i got a lot of author on my web site, I can't let them submit article from the back panel, and it seem that there is not a menu item for article submission with K2.Thx in advance!Nick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80496 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Front End Article Submission?
Hi Nick,

You have to create an item menu that links to a k2 itemlist view, then just connect to the front-office of your website, click on the item menu and you should have a link 'Add an item...' at the top right of the page.

Are you french ?

Olivier

• Nicolas Morin
More
14 years 6 months ago #80497 by Nicolas Morin
Replied by Nicolas Morin on topic Front End Article Submission?
Hey, yes I'm french, So I've create an item menu, and try each of the choice below but without success, there is no "Add an item" showing up on the top right.

- Item
- Item

- Item listings
Categories
Tag
User Page (blog)

-Latest items from (one or more) users or categories
Latest items from (one or more) users or categories

More
14 years 6 months ago #80498 by PM Muthumbi
Replied by PM Muthumbi on topic Front End Article Submission?
I want the same functionality for registered members to post news. I have created an item menu but i get an item not found error, am i missing out on something? There is also an option to point to an item to display but with it there isn't a link to post news. In my own opinion i thought it was there so that an item can be featured itself. Also my latest news link wont work, am still getting Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in \components\com_k2\views\latest\view.html.php on line 120 error, i tried replacing with a code from forum member tonico [Attachment bug: SQL error ] file modified.rtf but nothing worked i still get the error. Please help with this. Thank you.

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Nick,
You have to create an item menu that links to a k2 itemlist view, then just connect to the front-office of your website, click on the item menu and you should have a link 'Add an item...' at the top right of the page.

Are you french ?

Olivier

• Nicolas Morin
More
14 years 6 months ago #80499 by Nicolas Morin
Replied by Nicolas Morin on topic Front End Article Submission?
Okay, it's now working, lol, I didn't saw that you need to add user to a specific group in the K2 component so they can add article, it's clearly the best content management on the joomla platform.

As for the "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in \components\com_k2\views\latest\view.html.php on line 120 error" I had the same thing, it seems to happen when you doesn't choose a category or a user blog to show. If you do, it should disapear.

Nick.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80500 by dantien
Replied by dantien on topic Front End Article Submission?
I dont understand how to do this.

what is an item menu and how do i create one ?

how do i then connect to the front-office og my website ?

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Nick,

Are you french ?

Olivier

More
14 years 6 months ago #80501 by PM Muthumbi
Replied by PM Muthumbi on topic Front End Article Submission?
Hi, you create an item menu by going to your menus manager, create a new menu - that points to K2 - choose item and then follow the steps, you should be able to see the link on front page. I realized that there is more to settings than just simple touch and see it work for K2. Checking out user group parameters is one thing i had forgotten and that is where i was able to know that actually joomfish and k2 are not friends. I had joomfish and had to uninstall so that add item would work as well as latest contents. Make sure you check out all these options and everything should work fine.

dantien said:I dont understand how to do this.
what is an item menu and how do i create one ?

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Nick, You have to create an item menu that links to a k2 itemlist view, then just connect to the front-office of your website, click on the item menu and you should have a link 'Add an item...' at the top right of the page.

Are you french ?

Olivier

More
14 years 5 months ago #80502 by mojito
Replied by mojito on topic Front End Article Submission?
created the item list and it shows but still no add item link...many people having issues with this it seems, i checked the user group can post and everything set to yes can do...

PM Muthumbi said:Hi, you create an item menu by going to your menus manager, create a new menu - that points to K2 - choose item and then follow the steps, you should be able to see the link on front page. I realized that there is more to settings than just simple touch and see it work for K2. Checking out user group parameters is one thing i had forgotten and that is where i was able to know that actually joomfish and k2 are not friends. I had joomfish and had to uninstall so that add item would work as well as latest contents. Make sure you check out all these options and everything should work fine.
dantien said:I dont understand how to do this. what is an item menu and how do i create one ?

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Nick, You have to create an item menu that links to a k2 itemlist view, then just connect to the front-office of your website, click on the item menu and you should have a link 'Add an item...' at the top right of the page.
Are you french ?

Olivier

More
14 years 5 months ago #80503 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Front End Article Submission?
I bouth JE Story Submit for user submissions, however I haven't got it working yet.

More
14 years 5 months ago #80504 by Flikon
Replied by Flikon on topic Front End Article Submission?
I try to do the same. K2 is really not do for that.

I go back on jSeblod CCK.