Keyword

Joomla core SEF urls not working with K2

• HomesteadMommy
  • HomesteadMommy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80564 by HomesteadMommy
Joomla core SEF urls not working with K2 was created by HomesteadMommy
Hi,I'm trying to change my site over to SEF urls. I renamed the htaccess and changed the global config settings.  The site and urls look fine.  The problem come when you click on an item you get a 404 error...I changed my site back with out the SEF urls last night and it works fine again....Is there a trick to getting K2 to work with Joomla's SEF urls?Thanks,Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80565 by Mongo
Replied by Mongo on topic Joomla core SEF urls not working with K2
Yeh I'm confirming that, I enabled the core SEF and was only doing that to install sh404SEF when the site blew up before I could install it, so i need to ask a candid question. What CAN'T K2 do.. might save a lot of developers head aches.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80566 by Jason Johnston
Replied by Jason Johnston on topic Joomla core SEF urls not working with K2
Mongo, this article might help.

k2joom.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=129:k2-+-sef-how?&Itemid=4

Mongo said:Yeh I'm confirming that, I enabled the core SEF and was only doing that to install sh404SEF when the site blew up before I could install it, so i need to ask a candid question. What CAN'T K2 do.. might save a lot of developers head aches.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80567 by Mongo
Thank you Jason as my whole site is K2.. I hate SOBI, FLEXI, and ZOO but i hate starting over even more

More
14 years 6 months ago #80568 by Mongo
Ok i went and checked out the tutorial. but as you said no great detail, so i'm stuck with no access to the site pages ...

on the K2 config it has these could you explain them?

sh404SEF URL prefix for categories
AND
sh404SEF URL prefix for users/authors

are there any other settings for SEF in K2 and why doen't the core SEF work with K2?

Mongo said:Thank you Jason as my whole site is K2.. I hate SOBI, FLEXI, and ZOO but i hate starting over even more

More
14 years 6 months ago #80569 by Mongo
Reporting back on this issue and this is what I've found. K2 doesn't seem to be the issue with the core SEF, not sense 2.0 anyway. The issue seems to be out of K2's control and is generally the server configuration. Joomla's config file is usually a good place to start (livesite) in the config file can mess your whole day up.

'umaballa.com' didn't work
'www.umaballa.com' didn't work
'http:www.umaballa.com' did work for the core SEF but I have errors around the K2 links suck as:

( Administrator ) being visible instead of the images on the template. I even have sh404SEF working on the site, but as you know it's useless without the core SEF working properly. So with that being said I would try variations of your domain name in the joomla configuration file.. I hope this helps somone.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80570 by Jason Johnston
Replied by Jason Johnston on topic Joomla core SEF urls not working with K2
Mongo, at this point I have just used the core sef. The urls are ok, but any category urls give a 500 error.

href="hypebydesign.com/home.html" target="_blank">hypebydesign.com/home.html

Mongo said:Reporting back on this issue and this is what I've found. K2 doesn't seem to be the issue with the core SEF, not sense 2.0 anyway. The issue seems to be out of K2's control and is generally the server configuration. Joomla's config file is usually a good place to start (livesite) in the config file can mess your whole day up. 'umaballa.com' didn't work
'www.umaballa.com' didn't work
'http:www.umaballa.com' did work for the core SEF but I have errors around the K2 links suck as:

( Administrator ) being visible instead of the images on the template. I even have sh404SEF working on the site, but as you know it's useless without the core SEF working properly. So with that being said I would try variations of your domain name in the joomla configuration file.. I hope this helps somone.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80571 by Mongo
well don't give up because it will work, make sure you clear all caches

More
13 years 7 months ago #80572 by John Willis
Replied by John Willis on topic Joomla core SEF urls not working with K2
I'm having the same issue. I want to add the URL suffix, and enable SEF URL's, but when i do the site navigation doesn't work.  Has anyone had any success?