Keyword

Auto Publish Items from Front End

• Serr.biz LLC
  • Serr.biz LLC's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80583 by Serr.biz LLC
Auto Publish Items from Front End was created by Serr.biz LLC
using K 2.2 / J 1.15 stable.Users on front end can add items no problem, but they are NOT auto-published.  Yes, I have checked permissions at the group level.  It is set to allow users to PUBLISH their own items. To get items to show up in the front end, I have to manually approve items in the back end.  Bother. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80584 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Auto Publish Items from Front End
Hi. When a user adds an item he has to select if the item will be published. If he has the permission to do this but he selects the item to be unpublished, it will not be published.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Serr.biz LLC
More
14 years 6 months ago #80585 by Serr.biz LLC
Replied by Serr.biz LLC on topic Auto Publish Items from Front End
Yes, I know. The problem is THAT is NOT working. When the user selects PUBLISH, it is still NOT publishing. Odd. Using Firefox, J 1.5.15 and the most recent version of K2.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80586 by Lefteris
Hi. I cannot reproduce this behavior in any way. Please check your permissions setup again. I know you said that you already did but i cannot get the same behavior. Have you modified any K2 files by yourself?

Michael Zittel said:Yes, I know. The problem is THAT is NOT working. When the user selects PUBLISH, it is still NOT publishing. Odd. Using Firefox, J 1.5.15 and the most recent version of K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Serr.biz LLC
More
14 years 6 months ago #80587 by Serr.biz LLC
Replied by Serr.biz LLC on topic Auto Publish Items from Front End
Ok, will try a clean install and see what that does. No, I did not change any of the K2 or Joomla files.

More
14 years 5 months ago #80588 by Lefteris
Hi. They may see the options but they cannot publish an item if they don't have the permissions. If they try they will get a notice. Now regarding the "Featured" state there is no such rule in K2 so i m afraid you can't do something about this. But if they cannot publish the item this is not very important as someone else will have to moderate it in any way.

Mike Johnson said:I have a similar but opposite ;-) issue. I don't want front end users to be able to publish their own items. I want that left for the admin to check over and publish. But, even w/ the Registered user group having the following permissions set, they still see the 'Published Yes/No' and the 'Is it Featured?' Both of which I'd like to not be available for front end editing.
Permissions of 'Registered' user group;

Post comments = Yes
Front-end item editing = Yes
Add items = Yes
Edit own items = No
Edit any item = No
Publish items = No

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 2 months ago #80589 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Auto Publish Items from Front End
I am struggeling with quite the opposite. On my K2 v 2.2 on Joomla 1.5.8 there are no problems for the users to create new items (btw, why use the word "item" instead of Joomla's "article"?), save and get them auto-published or even pick up an already published item, edit it and save it and it's still published.

Instead my users, (they have total permissions in K2 groups to Post, Frontend edit, Add etc and they are set to content administrators in Joomla), don't want to have their articles auto-published when saving - which always works - and I can't find a way to get the default value to be "unpublished" so they have to make an active decision to publish.

Rgds

More
14 years 2 months ago #80590 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Auto Publish Items from Front End
Well, all "my" users login frontend and when they create a new K2 item it will be published directly if they let the published box stay checked. I don't have to publish the items via backend. So it's kinda strange that some people experience problems. I don't know why, it worked straigth on for me when I installed K2.

This is my settings in K2 groups:

Post comments = Yes
Front-end item editing = Yes
Add items = Yes
Edit own items = Yes
Edit any item = Yes (they have control over a specific category)
Publish items = Yes

And the users have been registred either as frontend publisher or backend content administrators, both works when they add items in frontend.

Error: Previously I wrote Joomla v 1.5.8 instead of 1.5.18

Rgds