Keyword

Frontend Editing - Hide Categories which are disabled

More
11 years 11 months ago #80672 by N

Jakub Jedynak wrote:
When you are in category and click New Article button, category should be already assigned (without dropdown at all).
In the same way it should work in Edit Mode.

Anyone have an idea how can I do that? No droppdown - just assigned current category?

I also would like this functionality. Can anyone explain how to automatically assign the category when adding an item in the frontend? Please, this is very basic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #80673 by Pashted

N wrote:

Jakub Jedynak wrote:
When you are in category and click New Article button, category should be already assigned (without dropdown at all).
In the same way it should work in Edit Mode.

Anyone have an idea how can I do that? No droppdown - just assigned current category?

I also would like this functionality. Can anyone explain how to automatically assign the category when adding an item in the frontend? Please, this is very basic.

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/6473-Re-customize-my-front-end-editor#179052

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #80674 by Manos Krokos
I am also interested in this. As a matter of fact I don't want to show an option for category listing at all. There is only one category that users should be able to post to.
Oliver's link is dead, unfortunately.

I would also like to skip the ability to upload attachments.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #80675 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: Frontend Editing - Hide Categories which are disabled
Hy,

you mean this?:

Edit the file: [publichtml]/media/k2/assets/css/k2.css

And add to the bottom of that file (just before /* End */):

/* List option styling => hide disabled category options */
option[disabled='disabled'] { display: none; }

works in ff e.a., not ie8

Regards

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #80676 by Manos Krokos
Thank you Franz, but it doesn't work in Safari for Mac either. Isn't there a way to call the category ID in the form.php file in my template html folder? Without loosing the option of loading its extra fields, of course? Or just hide the rest just like you said but more compatible with all the browsers.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #80677 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: Frontend Editing - Hide Categories which are disabled
Hy Manos,

sorry, no experience on php. i'm working with firefox on mac (solution works on windows and linux too) and all authors too - so i don't know tricks for safari, ie or other browsers. isnt it possible to change the browser for you and your authors?

Regards

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #80678 by Manos Krokos
Not a chance to convince about 7000 registered users to use Firefox in order to hide the rest of the categories that they should not be able to see. :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #80679 by behzad
another relative question is :

how can I separate categories options from subcategories? I want two category selections , one for category and another for subcategories of that category , how?