Keyword

K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme?

• Randy Arrowood
  • Randy Arrowood's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80799 by Randy Arrowood
K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme? was created by Randy Arrowood
What is the best way to hook content plugins like shareme and tweetme to K2 content?  It seems to only want to work with Joomla native content...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80800 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme?
Hi Randy,
Any plugins written for Joomla native will need to be modified to call K2 content.
There are several devs around that are working on coding as required or contact the developer of the original plugin.

Sorry I cant offer a more positive response, we could take a look but snowed under at present.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Randy Arrowood
More
14 years 6 months ago #80801 by Randy Arrowood
Replied by Randy Arrowood on topic K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme?
cool... thanks for the reply. i'll look at some of my other plugins that know about K2 and see if I can mimic something.

K2Joom said:Hi Randy, Any plugins written for Joomla native will need to be modified to call K2 content.
There are several devs around that are working on coding as required or contact the developer of the original plugin.

Sorry I cant offer a more positive response, we could take a look but snowed under at present.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 5 months ago #80802 by Paul MacLennan
Replied by Paul MacLennan on topic K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme?
Hi Randy,

If you find anything there could you share it plz. I think it would go a long way for anyone trying to do the same thing with other Joomla components. Maybe a dev somewhere could write a short guide on the things to look for. :)

Paul

• Randy Arrowood
More
14 years 5 months ago #80803 by Randy Arrowood
Replied by Randy Arrowood on topic K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme?
So far, I have just integrated the direct code from tweetmeme and Facebook share in a roknewspager module here: devdrawl.com

Paul MacLennan said:Hi Randy,
If you find anything there could you share it plz. I think it would go a long way for anyone trying to do the same thing with other Joomla components. Maybe a dev somewhere could write a short guide on the things to look for. :)

Paul

More
14 years 1 month ago #80804 by Micah
I added the tweetme code just below the following code in the item.php found in \components\com_k2\templates\default

Doing so adds the retweet button just above the blog title when viewing the post.

Haven't tried it with the share me button mostly since K2 integrates enough social sharing buttons IMO but I'm sure it would work the same way.

• Randy Arrowood
More
14 years 1 month ago #80805 by Randy Arrowood
That works, too. I used the "Social Button" code parameter in K2 (below) plus some stylesheet tweaks you can see on techdrawl.com for both TweetMeMe and FB Like:

More
14 years 1 week ago #80806 by ivana nikol
Replied by ivana nikol on topic K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme?
I like what you did, its enough for me to do the same. can you please tell me how ccan i do y=this? paste the whole code part or something :( Please :) I'm really pissed that nothing of the modules or plugins doesn't work with k2. i lost 2 days figuring this out.

Randy Arrowood said:That works, too. I used the "Social Button" code parameter in K2 (below) plus some stylesheet tweaks you can see on techdrawl.com for both TweetMeMe and FB Like:

More
13 years 11 months ago #80807 by Paul
Did you make the stylesheet tweeks in the K2 css?
I have added a tweetme button but it is unaligned, also interested in how you got the tweetme in the preview text , very good

Pd

More
13 years 10 months ago #80808 by Cariama IT
Replied by Cariama IT on topic K2 and content plugins like shareme and tweetme?
Please have a look at AutoTweet NG (www.1st-movers.com/downloads). Free version component with the K2 extension, works like a treat for me!