Keyword

K2 SlideShow module

• Thomas Johannessen
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81376 by Thomas Johannessen
Replied by Thomas Johannessen on topic K2 SlideShow module
I need a slideshow kind of type that select random K2 users and present them as an ( Gavick tabs style) animated slider. like an image slideshow with random images. Only with users.

Any ideas?

I tried to work around something, but its not good enough:

1. installed Module anywhere.
2. created 3 K2 user modules picking user random from the Category I want. each module have an uniqe position, all.
3. created 3 tabs in GK Tabs manager (last version), each tab { loadposition uniqe position }. make sure u configure plug at stage 1 correct (add loadposition).
4. publish the module Tabs Gk in left or somewhere.

that works, but I dont want the Tabs at top, so I:
5. enter visibility:hidden in the mod_gktab style horizontal css..

This removed the tabs, but I got a high empty white space above the user and title of my module. I tried to REMOVE the php entries in the tpl file for the module, but my php knowledge is limited, so it dident work at I wanted.

Another issue was that it continu showing only the 3 random users it started on by pageload, but thats an minor thing. management gets a bit heavy if you make more than 3 modules, 3 tabs. I tried to repeat the random load into more tabs, but it picked same users in more than 1 tab etc..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81377 by Ron Farber
Replied by Ron Farber on topic K2 SlideShow module
I used a module called K2 Avatar wall for what you are looking to do which works well once you figure out how to configure it which wasnt the easiest thing. It can do automatic sliders and transitions, arrow buttons, etc... set width number of users, etc...

I got it at joomlaxtc.com although it did cost a few dollars. under $10 for a very cool presentation though. I also use their content wall... both can be set to one image high so it doesn't really have to be a "wall" but the end result is pretty cool. its under extensions-->modules and they have demos

Thomas Johannessen said:I need a slideshow kind of type that select random K2 users and present them as an ( Gavick tabs style) animated slider. like an image slideshow with random images. Only with users. Any ideas?

I tried to work around something, but its not good enough:

1. installed Module anywhere.
2. created 3 K2 user modules picking user random from the Category I want. each module have an uniqe position, all.
3. created 3 tabs in GK Tabs manager (last version), each tab { loadposition uniqe position }. make sure u configure plug at stage 1 correct (add loadposition).
4. publish the module Tabs Gk in left or somewhere.

that works, but I dont want the Tabs at top, so I:
5. enter visibility:hidden in the mod_gktab style horizontal css..

This removed the tabs, but I got a high empty white space above the user and title of my module. I tried to REMOVE the php entries in the tpl file for the module, but my php knowledge is limited, so it dident work at I wanted.

Another issue was that it continu showing only the 3 random users it started on by pageload, but thats an minor thing. management gets a bit heavy if you make more than 3 modules, 3 tabs. I tried to repeat the random load into more tabs, but it picked same users in more than 1 tab etc..

More
13 years 11 months ago #81378 by Souvignon
Replied by Souvignon on topic K2 SlideShow module
Hello

I've installed it tinyurl.com/2fn88tk but it's difficult to get the thumbnails to show on the right, also there is no text showing in big image

What can I do please

More
13 years 11 months ago #81379 by Souvignon
Replied by Souvignon on topic K2 SlideShow module
Olivier said:Hello
I've installed it tinyurl.com/2fn88tk but it's difficult to get the thumbnails to show on the right, also there is no text showing in big image

What can I do please

The text is showing now, I had to select somewhere..

Now it's just the thumb issue remaining

More
13 years 10 months ago #81380 by hagen fenris
Replied by hagen fenris on topic K2 SlideShow module
Hi,
i just installed the module version 1.2 but i cant set the "Navigator Item Height", "Navigator Item Width", "Max Nav Items to display" or "Main Slider's Width (px)".
The only setting that works is "Main Slide's Height (px)" :(

More
13 years 4 months ago #81381 by Nabil EL KADIRI
Replied by Nabil EL KADIRI on topic K2 SlideShow module
Live site : www.orientalfm.eu/ Hello, I'm having a problem after i moved my site to a new server hosted by Hostpapa.eu, i'm getting this error messages in the front :

Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Disqus_debate_echo::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPlg_Jafacebookshare::onPrepareContent() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/event.php on line 67Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentEmailCloak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentLoadModule() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136Warning: Parameter 1 to plgContentPagebreak() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/orien586/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136

Any idea of what might be causing these problems and how to solve them, please?