Keyword

Integrate with Community Builder

• Michael Bond
  • Michael Bond's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #81411 by Michael Bond
Integrate with Community Builder was created by Michael Bond
I would really like to see K2 have the configurable abiity to integrate with Community Builder (CB).  I think that K2 is an amazing component, but I just had to stop using it on a site that needs Community Builder.

Specifically would like to see K2 integrate the following:

1.  Use the CB Avatars and Profile links.

2.  Still be able to see a list of the latest articles from an author.

3.  Have the option to use JComments instead of the K2 Comments, since JComments is used by CB and several other important components.  I would really like to have only one comments component running on my site.

4.   Provide a way to let a user add an item to K2 from the frontend, WITHOUT having to register using the K2 registration form.  Currently it's not possible to publish to K2 from the frontend when I register with the cb_login module because it doesn't populate the K2 user group.  I can manually add a user to the K2 user group and then frontend add an item works, but I don't want to have to do that.

I curious to know if there is anything like this in the planning stages.  I was trying my best to workaround the lack of integration between CB and K2, but I finally had to stop.  It was just too much.

Thanks for your willingness to consider my suggestions!

Michae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81412 by Umad Javed
Replied by Umad Javed on topic Integrate with Community Builder
That are the same requirements what I am looking for. I also suggest the same Michae points.

Hope soon we get these integrations.

Thanks

More
14 years 1 month ago #81413 by Rosa Bolivar
Replied by Rosa Bolivar on topic Integrate with Community Builder
I hope Suggestion #4 gets implemented!

More
13 years 9 months ago #81414 by Thomas Scibilia
Replied by Thomas Scibilia on topic Integrate with Community Builder
anyone know if these items are being developed. why is there such a lack of developer response in lots of these forum posts.

• Desda, oefening in eigenheid
More
13 years 9 months ago #81415 by Desda, oefening in eigenheid
Replied by Desda, oefening in eigenheid on topic Integrate with Community Builder
Second that! Would love to have these options.

On no.4 and 1: There is a workaround. If you are a Doc subscriber at Joomlapolis, you can download CB Queries. This enables you to perform db-queries on CB-actions => you could make this add a user to a K2-group after Registration. I am now trying to figure out what that query would look like... I am by no means a MYSQL-programmer and really could have some help. Anybody any idea on what thay query would have to look like?

Post at Joomlapolis on CB Queries
Greetings,

JeroenG aka Desd

• Desda, oefening in eigenheid
More
13 years 9 months ago #81416 by Desda, oefening in eigenheid
Replied by Desda, oefening in eigenheid on topic Integrate with Community Builder
Okay, found this so far:
The user should get an K2 id number;
The user should get added to a group;
The user could get his avatar copied from cb to k2;

All this is in the table jos_k2_users . Users are identified by their userID (jos_users).

CB Queries lets me perform an query on, e.g., first login. At first login, users are listed in the k2 users table, without the idnumber and the groupnumber.
So: BeforeFirstLogin I should
* select the current userID, compare it to jos_k2_users;
* find out the latest k2 id, add 1 and assign it to the userID;
* assign the userID to group 3 (because it has the lowest K2-rights and if an upgrade is needed I'll do it manually);
How do I put this in a MYSQL-query?
Many thanks!

JeroenG