Keyword

Can I import Comments from Jcomment into K2?

• Khush N
  • Khush N's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #81649 by Khush N
Hey guys, I am working on a site and I am stuck. Wondering if someone can help. I have been assigned with the task of moving all the old blog posts from Wordpress to a new site in Joomla. So far I have managed to export all the posts out of Wordpress and imported them into K2. I have even managed to get all the comments from Wordpress into Joomla. All the comments are in Jcomments. I have been unable to find any documentation on integrating Jcomments with K2 (ver2.2). All I see is information on how to integrate it with ver 2.1. My question is: how do I proceed from here? Do I integrate Jcomments into K2 and use that for all the commenting features? Do I somehow import all the comments (~4200) into K2 and if that is the case, how do I go about doing that?I am stuck and I would really like to get any help that I can get.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kabeza
  • www.beza.com.ar
More
14 years 1 month ago #81650 by kabeza
Hi. Could you do this? I'm in the same situation/problem

Custom Joomla templates<br />www.beza.com.ar

• Khush N
  • Khush N's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #81651 by Khush N
Replied by Khush N on topic Can I import Comments from Jcomment into K2?
I did get it to work partly. The project was pulled and the client did not want the site after all. If I remember correctly I had to go into the database and replicate the tables for the comments. ( I believe there were 4 to six extra tables that I had to add.) Even after that the comment ids were not matched up correctly because of the differences in the old and the new tables. They were offset but that would have been an easy fix, compared to actually getting the comments to show up at all.

More
13 years 4 months ago #81652 by Jock
Can I ask how you got the blog content from WP to K2 in the 1st place?